Discussion Topic God's Sudden Personality Change as Seen in the Bible

by charlie brown jr. 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The Bible is NOT God's Word... not at ALL.

So the Bible isn't God's word, but some of it is. That is what you are saying?

-Sab

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Aguest:

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Need more examples?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So the Bible isn't God's word, but some of it is. That is what you are saying?

No, dear one (peace to you!). As I stated: The Bible is NOT God's Word... not at ALL. Christ... and ONLY Christ... is God's Word. There is nothing... and no one... else.

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

And who is "her", dear NS (again, peace to you!), such that killing her "children" is an unloving act?

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Again, where is the unloving part, here? "Who" or what constitutes that "fourth part" of the earth?

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Her/she, WHO? And how is she "burned"?

Need more examples?

Well, methinks you should explain what is unloving about what you've posted thus far. In order for you to state that it is "unloving", you must be able to state unloving upon WHOM. I mean, "she" could be a ship... and her "children" little dingies. Or "she" could be a mountain and her "children" small hills. Upon WHOM are these acts meant... and why are they unloving?

Please don't back out now. You've made an assertion/insinuation and I am asking you to back it up. What is unloving about what is written of these things?

I await your response. Until then, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

And who is "her", dear NS (again, peace to you!), such that killing her "children" is an unloving act?

Doesn’t matter what she is. It could be my worst enemy, but killing children is not very loving. If you think that it is then I can’t argue with that.

Again, where is the unloving part, here? "Who" or what constitutes that "fourth part" of the earth?

Unloving parts: Kill, hunger, & death. Again, do you wish that upon your worst enemy? If you do I can’t argue with that.

Again, it doesn’t matter to me who she is. Death, mourning, and famine is not a loving thing.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Oh and if I had a ship, and it got "killed". I wouldn't be very pleased. I would get that mothefucker who sunk it! I mean, killed it! And shove a dingie up his ass.

• fade_away
    fade_away

NomadSoul, when I heard that line in the movie I thought the exact same thing! I love that line!

Anyway, I think after god went crazy killing people, Jesus told him "okay, relax bro. I got this. Just sit down, take a breath and let me make you look good again. When Armaggedon comes, you can be as violent as you want again....but only if you promise to give them 1,000 years to clean up the mess you made."

• fade_away
    fade_away

Then god said *sigh* FINE!!!!

• AGuest
    AGuest

It could be my worst enemy, but killing children is not very loving.

Glad YOU feel that way, dear one (again, peace to you!), as do I, if we're talking about living beings, whether human or animal (although, I do have a "thing" about ants and snails/slugs...). Unfortunately, not all of man feels this way. Do you denounce him (man), as well?

If you think that it is then I can’t argue with that.

It would depend on the "children" for me. I have learned not to suppose that the word always refers to the offspring of humans...

Unloving parts: Kill, hunger, & death. Again, do you wish that upon your worst enemy? If you do I can’t argue with that.

Depends on the "enemy". I mean, I have no problem "killing" a threatening strain of bacteria. Or starving a fever (or is it a cold?). And I certainly didn't feel any regret bringing death to the fungus on my roses. I mean, I consider those "enemies," don't you?

Again, it doesn’t matter to me who she is. Death, mourning, and famine is not a loving thing.

I should think it SHOULD matter, I mean, if you're going to take issue with a choice made/action to be taken by the Most Holy One of Israel. I mean, shouldn't you at least give Him the benefit of the doubt... since it was man who penned the Revelation... and at least find out "who" is being spoken of in such situations?

if I had a ship, and it got "killed". I wouldn't be very pleased. I would get that mothefucker who sunk it! I mean, killed it! And shove a dingie up his ass.

Yes, I believe you would. EVEN... if it was laden with C-4 and a nuclear warhead, and rigged so that it was targeted toward a greatly occupied tourist seaside attraction like the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Wouldn't bother YOU one bit if mass people... and kids... were killed. So long as your precious "lady" wasn't harmed, right? And, of course, like you said, you'd find the guy who ordered her butt blown to bits before she hit that area... and take issue with him, perhaps even demand HE compensate you for her (and not the "badguy" who loaded her up in the first place)... perhaps even shoving, well, let's say a banana float "boat" up his hindparts... 'cause YOU 'da MAN... right... and could have gotten on board stopped "her" all by your lonesome and so didn't need anyone interfering... well, at least not on YOUR behalf... and taking "her" out. Right?

Yeah, sure. Okay.

You really should find out who "she" and her "children" are, dear one... before judging as you are. Take care, then, that you're not judged with the same judgment.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
  • tec
    tec
    Yes I know Jesus changes everything....but God never changes...but didn't he???

No, he didn't change (God, that is). But our perceptions of him did and do; not to mention the 'lying pen of the scribes.'

If you want to know what God is like - who He is, what he thinks, what he did and does - then look to Christ. The IMAGE of God. The Truth of God. It really is that simple. We just like to muddle things up.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit