Who's old enough to remember Queen for a Day?

by Nickolas 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Anyone remerber A plastic wrap that you could attach to

your TV screen for color..or was it my imagination.

Nope, not your imagination. It was a polarised plastic sheet that gave the illusion of colours on your B&W TV. It was a scam.

• jam
    jam

Thanks Nickolas; my older Brothers told me I imagine it,

a neighbor had one, and it look terrible.

• AnneB
    AnneB

How many of those women claimed "Oh! I never thought it would be me!" Then why were you on the show??? Sheesh. Even a kid can see through that. And all those Jacuzzi's!

How about The Life of Riley, or The William Bendix Show? Arthur Godfrey?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I remember all those tv shows. And I remember way back then being told as child that I wouldn't get old too. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey AnneB,

when I was growin' up we had a neighbor whose husband

wouldn't hold a job and my mom would always say he was "living the Life of Riley"

Don't cry Gayle, you ain't ain't gettin' there alone, I'm takin' that

stuff called Move Free for my achin' knees, just think, back in the day

I could tear a dance floor up. If I did the " Break Down " now I couldn't

get up

I can remember the very first show I saw in color It was Star Trek we had

another neighbor and she was the only one who had a color TV I was simply amazed

• wasblind
    wasblind

Anybody remember when Curtis Mathis was top of the line TV ?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Nickolas I saw a program on the future of TVS. They are working on one that you just paint on a wall. You hook up a wire to it that goes into a converter box. Also TVS that interact with you by your presents they will know what program you like to watch. Yes wasblind I remember. My parents got their first color TV in 1965 it was a zenith. It took two mins. for that thing to warm up before it came on. Only about half of the shows were in color at the time. The following year almost all were in color. I loved Star Trek back in the 60's but I always had to fight my mother over it. She claimed it was demonic. It was to cerebrial for her. LOL Totally ADD

• poppers
    poppers

Wow,

talk about westerns, I used to love the Virginian

that still come on as reruns But It's on a channel I

don't get in my cable package

I've been watching it on Netflix - they have it online streaming. I love Netflix.

• JeffT
    JeffT

OH man. I remeber Queen for a day, and all those Westerns. Something that was sort of Flash Gordon complete with rockets held by string. Route 66 (even the road doesn't exist anymore). McHale's Navy. Saturday morning cartoons that were more interesting in being funny THAN DELIVERING AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO KIDS. They also had some of the worst sponsors, I hate Ovaltine and everybody's favorite thing to do with Wonder Bread was to see who could squish into the smallest ball. I had plastic cap guns based on some of those shows.

Those were the days.

• jam
    jam

Do the business sale cap guns for kids today,. We have come A

long way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit