Who's old enough to remember Queen for a Day?

by Nickolas 56 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I remember queen for a day. Do you remember the millionaire Michael anthony who would get his instructions to give a million dollars to some unsuspecting person with the condition that they never reveal where it came from?

• Glander
    Glander

I watched it. It was a show my mother never missed. I remember the MC was always giving crying women his handkerchief. believe it was originally a radio program.

How about "You Asked For It" ?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm old enough I just don't remember it.

Most daytime TV now seems to consist of getting morons to fight with each other.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

HOLY SHIT THAT'S OLD! I FORGOT TV STARTED OUT IN BLACK AND WHITE!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I remember it, and I love Lucy, and the real McCoys. I'm 58. Art Linletter and Arthur Godfrey, Danny Thomas show and I love Bob, with Bob Cummings.

I had almost forgotten how sanitized TV was back then. All the shows were ... wholesome.

I also watched the Howdy Doody Show

That show always gave me the creeps when I was a kid.

Do you remember the millionaire Michael anthony who would get his instructions to give a million dollars to some unsuspecting person with the condition that they never reveal where it came from?

Yes! (but not until this moment).

How about "You Asked For It" ?

I remember that one, too.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S OLD! I FORGOT TV STARTED OUT IN BLACK AND WHITE!

We got our first TV in 1958 when I was 6. It must have set my dad back a month's pay. It had a 16" screen that sometimes would go wonky. Maybe 3 channels until we moved up to a roof mounted aerial, then we got 8 or 9, not all of which came in without snow in the picture. TVs were all tubes back then and broke down a lot. TV repairmen came to your house and the worst news they could give you is "your picture tube is gone." The first colour TV I saw was one of my uncle's. This was the early 60's. It had an almost round picture tube and most of the time the people on it had greenish hair and organgey-red faces and it broke down even more than the B&Ws. The big breakthrough came when Motorola came out with their famous "Works in a drawer" TV that allowed the repairman to simply pull out the innards in a big box on the side of the TV instead of having to take the back off.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Makes me wonder what awaits me when I'm older. TV's are getting to HD for me. When I watch a 90s movie that is remastered in HD, I just shake my head because I can't enjoy them in HD. They look TOO clean.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Makes me wonder what awaits me when I'm older.

Greater and greater resolution leading to 3D without glasses. Ultra-light and thin wall sized units with intelligent sound systems. Maybe even smellivision.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

And I'm already impressed with the Itouch I have. I have Netflix on it and the picture is so clear. I can watch a movie anywhere in my house.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nick you must have scanned through one of the topics I posted, but I ain't that old

I must have been watchin' reruns

Do you remember Secret Agent man ?????

• Glander
    Glander

When our little 12" black and white Emerson went 'wonky' Dad would pull out 3 or 4 tubes and we would go the grocery store where they had a tube tester, find the bad one and buy a replacement. Back to Captain Zoom ("remember, 'Zoom' spelled backwards is 'Mooz'!) Or play Red Light- Green Light with Engineer Bill and a glass of milk...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit