Hey Josie ,

this whole board could be considered a clique, the majority

were drawn because of the one thing we all had in common

that's why I was thrown off about people complaining about cliques

it's a natural occurance among humans even animals. Considering

all of the things on the world wide web this board is a very narrow

part. And as we know there are cliques within cliques

Clique - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of CLIQUE: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons; especially: one held together by common interests, views, or purposes — cliqu·ey \ ' kle-ke ...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think folks pull the clique card when they feel left out. I know cuz I've done it many a time. I'm a loner, cliques avoid and are the bane of loners. But I've been in a couple of cliques before and was pushed to exclude someone cuz the didn't fit in or they were picked to be made fun of and I refused to do so. That's not me. I'll have nothing to do with a clique if it comes down to that.

Some folks have gotten to know each other a bit better than others. Does that make them a clique? Not really. I think of this board as more of a community of different people who happen to have a similar religious experience.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Does that make them a clique? Not really. I think of this board as more of a community of different people who happen to have a similar religious experience."

I agree

That's why I was thrown about the clique accusations because we all had the similar religious experience with the same religion, at least most of us

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I really can relate to you Mrs Jones.

I've struggled with the whole making friends thing as well. I mean I have no problem making friends, my problem is giving time to them in order to make the friendship grow. I'll reach out and go on a lunch date or maybe a family BBQ with them and have a great time but when they call me the next day or the next week to do something else I feel overwhelmed and find anything as an excuse not to. I think the problem is definitely me and maybe it's because my whole married life I have been perfectly happy just spending time with my husband and kids, we do everything together. I'm afraid to let other in, or give others our time..even though the teens don't want all that family time anymore..LOL.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

but when they call me the next day or the next week to do something else I feel overwhelmed and find anything as an excuse not to.

I've done that too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Dayum, I'm bad. I killed my own thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit