I'm a clique of one...

by mrsjones5 45 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Josie,

what I consider cliquish and childish is when people choose not to like a person

based on someone elses assumption instead of their own personal evaluation

there are posters who may not get along with each other , but I happen to like

them both, why ? becuase, I don't like to use another persons assumption as my

measuring stick. I'm capable of doin' that myself

Cliques are human nature, we tend to draw to people who we have things in common

with. But it doesn't mean we can't think separately from that clique

Great topic Lady

• sabastious
    sabastious

mrsjones, It's better to have a few very close friends then a few close friends and too many acquaintances, imo. When I read your posts you are warm, welcoming and caring. Sounds like whatever you are doing, it's working.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone, first, in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack."

Can't wait for part II!

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Can't wait for part II!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So..This thread is filled with..

"A Clique of 1 Too`s"..

?..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I can see why some "think" there may be cliques, but people need to realize this is the net and the nature of the beast. ALL message boards religious/non-religious have the same issues. Personally I feel it would be up to the new ones to try hard and get comfortable and possibly send PMs. It takes time and no one should have hard feelings.

If members were attacking or getting nasty/personal then the gang mentality is childish and people need to take a step back.

• lil princess
    lil princess

enlightening.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Josie, I met you at one of the Tahoefests. I noticed how difficult it was for me to talk to you and so I kind of gave up and focused on your beautiful children. I wondered why since your personality here seems like you are an easy going, fun yet thoughtful person. Thanks for explaining that for me. I get it.

I think it takes effort to make and keep friends. I can't say that I have any really close friends (other than my sister) but I make an effort to do things now and then with people that I like being with. I plan to get in touch with someone who I used to be neighbors with when I was "in". She was a good neighbor despite my self-righteous self. I did stop by once to tell her I was no longer JW. It was a good visit and I must see her again. I've been thinking about that so maybe I'm getting closer to doing it.

WhereWasI

• AGuest
    AGuest
    isn't it nice when folks are still your friend despite your loner ways.

It is, dear Miz Josie (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear chile!)... and I am grateful for those who allow me that (as I am sure you are, as well!).

The greatest of love and peace to you and your household!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shelb

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm the same way also. I think it started clear back in grade school,being a Witness,I was taught to remain seperate. So I stayed back and just observed. This carried on with many situations in life.

And I'm happy just having a couple of close friends. Although,this fading business has already cost me a close friend,and that's hard.

But, I get you Mrs. Jones. I bet if we met in person,eventually,lol,we would be good friends. And I wouldn't call you everyday either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit