I'm a clique of one...

by mrsjones5 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

seriously. I'm a loner.

Offline, I have few friends. The friends I do have are dear to me but I'm bad at communicating with them, meaning I don't call often. Facebook has been a boom with me cuz I can keep contact with folks I really care about without being constantly in contact with them which would drive me crazy.

On this board I haven't got too deep with folks. Yeah I've told some stuff about my life but I don't usually post my deepest thoughts here. There are folks I like here and folks I'm not too fond of but I don't follow the folks that I like around like I'm part of some mob. I don't do well in mobs or with group think. If I happen to agree with something here it's because I've thought long and hard about it, it's not because I'm running with a clique.

Yeah there are cliques here but that happens with humans. But I'm not cliquish, I just like who I like. Oh and if I don't respond to a topic how would anyone know I haven't read it? Sometimes I just don't have anything to say or add to a topic. Either it's already been said or I'm stumped on how I can contribute anything of worth.

When some of you meet me at the Tahoe get-together you will find that I'm very quiet. It will take me a little while to get comfortable and warm up. I might even get talky. But I will not latch on and try to follow just for the sake of following. I don't do that.

I'm sure there's more I can say on this subject but I'm gonna stop now.

• VIII
    VIII

Interesting.

I'm pretty much the same way. Could be the way we were raised in a cult and all. I don't mind being a loner. I can't seem to get my JW mom to understand why not having 50 BFFs is not my thing. She insists that I must be lonely and need more friends than the ones I have. I insist that the ones I have are enough. I don't need 50 like she has. (all JWs of course; fair weather friends, if that)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Would you be surprised if I told you I'm not surprised?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Syl

• tec
    tec

I'm a loner too. Not to be mistaken for being lonely, because I am not that. I care about people in general. But my close and most loved friends are mostly from my family. I am not good at keeping in contact as much as they would like though. Most people outside of family need more than that or they drift away.

Tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can't seem to get my JW mom to understand why not having 50 BFFs is not my thing.

Sound a bit like my mother. She's always trying to fix me up with a new friend. I hate that.

Would you be surprised if I told you I'm not surprised?

Nope, I'm not surprised that you're not surprised.

I you too Sylvia.

Most people outside of family need more than that or they drift away.

Yep, but isn't it nice when folks are still your friend despite your loner ways. When that happens I know they really get me and love me anyway.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I guess it is a Jdub thing, I'm in the same boat with the majority here.

As far as FB goes, I hope all the young folks who have 500 plus people following them don't actually think all or the majority of those people are actual friends, ah youth . . . I guess they'll find out one day. . . !

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Me too. Amen!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

wife and i are a club of two...

pretty much like you mrs jones just double!

and i am even worse at facebook...

i just conclude we dont need 'people' sometimes (as in a physical regular socializing)

oz

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

"You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone, first, in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit