TO ALL YOU ATHEISTS

by watersprout 44 Replies latest jw friends

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

In the words of Ringo Star " Peace and Love, Peace and Love" The only thing your OP left out was "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore". All that aside, I have to admit to standing with the Athiest, but completely agree with you that berating someone for a differing opinion is sad and shows a certain weakness. The irony of a former JW, who is now an Athiest and berating others for their beliefs is not lost on me.

It does seem the Christians are more accepting of the Athiests. Go figure. I can only speak for myself, but I want to hear everyone's opinions and even more interested in those that differ from mine than the ones that agree with. I would love someone to prove me wrong. I doubt that is going to happen but I respect everyone's beliefs as long as they don't impose them on my life.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sigh. Yet another "Shelby" reference (may you all have peace), and yes, I'm speaking of the one that didn't name names right out, at first (vs. the one that did - peace to you, dear tec!). But no one's really that dense (although that has been the accusation).

It is curious... and amusing... I must again admit... that I am on certain minds so often. At all, actually. Really can't figure it out. I mean, I understand how what I share might be on SOME minds (and hearts), but certain others? How is it... with all that is and can be posted on this board... that I manage to stick in such craws? Because I "talk" a lot?!

So, okay, perhaps you have issues with that. Well, I got a lot IN me... and a board such as this is a great place to share that. It's also the place I've been directed to share much of it, so I do. That gets to you? Seriously? Bombs are dropping on children... children are dying of disease and hunger (and bombs)... houses are washing away... and you're upset because I'm verbose????

The truth is... some folks are just whiners, complainers... of their own lot in life, as Jude stated... or any other thing they can find to complain about. And so, they're simply are NOT satisfied unless they can find fault with someone else. Even someone they have nothing in common with, indeed may not even know, don't even talk to, really. The kind that will MAKE an issue, even if one doesn't exist. The kind that MUST take issue... with SOMEONE. And ANYONE giving them even a modicum of... ummmm... "irritation"... will become that someone. They're not the kind that can say... to themselves or others... "You know, I don't really like that person, but so what, to each his/her own. So long as he/she isn't attacking me or mine." They're the kind of people who don't know how to move on with their own lives and beliefs (or lack thereof), regardless of whether others agree with them or not. They NEED to be agreed with... and will take personal shots at those who don't. Not necessarily at what such ones might believe or say, but going beyond that, at them, personally.

The irony of a former JW, who is now an Athiest and berating others for their beliefs is not lost on me.

Okkaayyyyyy??? Yet, they claimed to have really "learned" something (and think YOU need to learn, it too!). Not if they're the exact same person as they were when they were a JW... and/or treat people the same... which I would wager is the case. NOTHING learned since leaving, IMHO, and thus, absolutely nothing gained. Not at all. And for those who perhaps never were... no "sight" (or insight) to show them that they are just like JWs.

I don't particularly care for fundamentalist Bible thumpers. But I absolutely respect their RIGHT... to believe whatever it is they wish to. I care even less, however, for the truly sanctimonious... those who are "faithful" religious, theistic, "believers"... as well as... those who are non-believing, non-religious, atheistic... who, like the WTBTS, say: "There's something WRONG with YOU... because you don't believe as WE do."

Hypocrites. Blind, self-righteous, sanctimonious, hypocrites. Who really can't see any better NOW... than they did, then. Why in the WORLD would I turn from following one set of blind folks to yet another? Doesn't matter what the physical evidence shows: if it will turn me into a hateful, spiteful, unkind, unloving being... then I reject it. It just isn't "me"... and never will be.

Moving on... and wishing you all peace, again...

SA, a slave of Christ,

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

God bless you, Shelby. You go girl!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is one definite difference between Shelby and the Crazy Bible Thumpers..

Shelby isn`t looking for converts,She just says whats on her mind.............................How ever long it takes..

LOL!!..

(((Shelby)))..

Hey Girl!.. I hope your Healing up Good..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Another thing to be said about Shelby is that she doesn't doe crazy long cut-and-paste jobs. Also, she doesn't make ridiculous predictions or cry wolf about the end being near.

Another thing is that Shelby is more human and actually has a sense of humour, unlike most of the others...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit