Anyone from Canada? Thinking of emigrating there...

by teel 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I'm not sure why some people think of Canada as so "cold". Sure, it's colder than the southern US...and the further north you go the colder it is. But really, many parts of Canada, (my home province, for example), have winters that are equivalent to or even milder and with less snow than those of the northeast and especially midwest US...it's not that much different!

Oh and, if you're a coffee connoisseur, Timmy's is not for you...I know I risk my citizenship for saying so, but it's true. ;) That's not to say I don't drink it occasionally - I do. There's something in it that makes you have to have it! And don't get me started on how exciting it is when it's 'roll up the rim' time! lol

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    And don't get me started on how exciting it is when it's 'roll up the rim' time! lol

I won nothing this last time. Did you?

lol

tt

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I just wanted to mention that Vancouver Island ( Victoria ) is a great place to live the climate is said to be among the best in Canada as being

temperately comfortable not too cold in the winter and not too not in the summer.

I live in Vancouver myself and have been here since 1966, originally from Winnipeg Manitoba, if and whenever I retire I would like to move to Victoria.

Just as beautiful as Vancouver but a little less frantic and fast paced as big cities can be.

Oh and the home prices are better.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Five free coffees so far! But I didn't win a thing the last time...guess that's how the cookie timbit crumbles sometimes...;)

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I just wanted to mention that Vancouver Island ( Victoria ) is a great place to live the climate is said to be among the best in Canada

Agreed! I used to live there ( the Island) and I loved it.

tt

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Where are you now Twinkle Toes ?

Just curious and why did you leave VI. ?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I still gotta laugh at folks who think that Canada is little more than Eskimos Inuit and igloos, snowmobiles and seal hunting, mounties and maple syrup, etc. It's even funnier when visitors think they can drive from Toronto to Vancouver in under a day. I guess it's all little wonder when they can't even find Canada on a world map.

V665V665

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

I am still in southern b.c. just more to the right.

I moved with my family as a teenager, the Island got really crowded and expensive in the 90's.

tt

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This is pretty much central Vancouver where I presently live, I haven't seen any Igloos in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKv-DlEjq3E&feature=player_embedded

• onemore
    onemore

I guess I just firgured out who the King of the North is...LOL j/k..

Interesting topic. I migrated to the US about 20 yrs ago, and I have entertained the thought of moving to Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit