Anyone from Canada? Thinking of emigrating there...

by teel 65 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: I can't belivee my wife spelt Tim Hortons wrong!! OMG, is she trying to get us deported?!?!

("Timmy's" is where you get donuts, coffee, muffins and more over here ... it's awesome)

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

You also have one of the best home improvement shows. Holmes on Homes. Many times my wife and I thought about moving to Canada but according to what we read we are to old and don't have a job to go to. I don't understand we have coffee and donuts. Totally ADD

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Another Canadian chiming in here. I live in the southerern part of Britsh Columbia and I love it here. In the southern parts of BC, it's warmer and sunnier than most of Canada on avarage, hence it's being called "the California of Canada". Hell, we've got a small scrap of sagebrush desert near the border! Beware the so-called "sunshine tax" in some places (where there are lower wages and and higher unemployment 'cuz so many ppl want to live here). It's true that the housing prices are quite the gotcha but I lucked out a bit. I will echo other's sentiments here about finding a job first though it's not nearly as bad as what's going on in the US of A. My parents emigrated here from eastern Europe and they never looked back. Things are great here; come on over!

V665V665

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, every morning, i stumble out of my igloo, fire up the old snowmow, and head on down to timmys for brecky and coffee, double double. Then, off to werk for 12 hours in the fish factory.

S

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You sound more like a yankee making fun of Canadians than a Canadian being sarcastic about being Canadian, Satanus...

V665V665

• tec
    tec

LOL

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i know. The way i look at it, we're big enough to make fun of ourselves. Rick mercer does stuff like that.

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

SOME ONE Mentioned MONTREAL!!!! You better speak French if you go there.

I was there for 34 years.. But to be honest French is required.

• Satanus
    Satanus

True. I left la belle provence cuz i got tired of french and the attitude. Bleh. 'Course, there is stuff that i miss, like good food et les belles filles.

S

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Is Bret Hart really a Canadian legend up there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit