Are you smarter than an Atheist? I found the results to be amusing.

by jam 47 Replies latest jw friends

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

30/32...missed Maimonides and Nirvana (always thought it was Hinduism belief)...I guess that makes me as smart as an Atheist at the very least!

• jam
    jam

WoW, isn,t this something, Atheists and Christians coming

togather on knowledge in the Bible.

• inbetween
    inbetween

nirvana (also thought it was hinduism), catholics and jonathan edwards, otherwise I got 29 out of 32.

reminded me of the written reviews ;-)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I got 29 out of 32 91%.

I got the first question wrong also.

I was thinking in Spanish Sabado domingo Saturday would be the sabbath.

I might be smarter than the average atheist, but I'm like everybody else.

I dont know whats going on here. Unlike many others, I know I dont know whats going on.

That makes me an agnostic.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

You answered 27 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 84 %.

I challange the question that says: which group teaches faith alone for salvation? pretty broad stroke to say protestant alone.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Our group average is still way higher than the highest group average in the study. That, however, does not surprise me. People here do their research and learn and read.

Tammy

I posted this on my Facebook page. The lowest score achieved by any of my law school friends was 30, and they are of all religious and non-religious persuasions.

I missed the Edwards question also, and instead chose Charles Finney, who, of course, was from the SECOND Great Awakening and a pre-curser to JWs. Also, I missed the nirvana question, so I ended up with 30/32.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I challange the question that says: which group teaches faith alone for salvation? pretty broad stroke to say protestant alone.

No, that question/answer is correct, especially considering the limited choices they provided. Martin Luther...it was a very clear dichotomy. Either you believed a person needed to be plugged into the Catholic "channel" or that salvation doesn't depend on a "channel." Majesterium v. Sola Scriptura

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It makes sense that atheists score highest. Most people are still born into a religion and do not look much further than what they are taught. Atheists are more likely to really research before making such a difficult decision as to leave God, since it has potential ramifications regarding their immediate family ties and everlasting life.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It makes sense that atheists score highest.

Amen and halleluja, brother.

• chickpea
    chickpea

29/32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit