Are you smarter than an Atheist? I found the results to be amusing.

by jam 47 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Jam,

I agree with you. And also, Christians should get a basic knowledge of other beliefs systems too, don't you think? Because they also look foolish telling others what they believe.

Since leaving the WT, I attended a couple of interfaith community meetings in my area. I met this really nice Rabbi, A female, Rabbi Joseph. We had a great conversation about things the Christians misunderstand about Jewish beliefs. She suggested I buy a Tanakh, because it has the books of the OT in their proper classifications. Best thing I ever did, I enjoy reading it and it gives me a better perspective on the Jewish people. Peace, Lilly

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I got 27 out of 32 or 84%. Not bad for a guy with ADD. Totally ADD

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

29 of 32

Jonathan Edwards, Catholics, and the Supreme Court bit me in the ass.

• scary21
    scary21

Just passed 81%....still learning....thats why I come here.....you guys are sooooooo smart!!!

• garyneal
    garyneal

26 out of 32

• I quit!
    I quit!

I got 28 of 32. I was surprised the Idonesians are mostly Muslim. I would have though Buddhist.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

30 out of 32, and I'm an Atheist. I've never heard of Maimonides or Jonathan Edwards who participated in the First Great Awakening. After checking the test averages on pewforum.org I don't feel too bad, those two questions were the most commonly missed. Only 8% of people surveyed knew that Maimonides was Jewish, and 11% got the Jonathan Edwards question correct.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Lovely Lil, I'm going to check out the Tanakh. Thank you.

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Sorry to bring down the group average, but I was pretty happy to get 26/32. Should have gone with my instincts and would have done better. Can't believe I missed the one on the Ten Commandments. Little wonder Mormon's score high, there were about 5 questions related to them.

• tec
    tec

Our group average is still way higher than the highest group average in the study. That, however, does not surprise me. People here do their research and learn and read.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit