My 16 year Old is Having Surgery Tomarrow

by lovelylil 45 Replies latest jw friends

• only me
    only me

You and your son are in my thoughts

• Ding
    Ding

You and your family are in my prayers, Lilly.

Keep us posted.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Send best wishes for your son and hoping for a speed recovery.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

best wishes!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I hope things went very well.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes. It is truly appreciated by me and my family. So here is the update:

Boston Children's Hospital is fantastic. The original Doctor who looked at my son is great too but she is not an expert in this area so she sent us to a surgeon at Boston Childrens. At least she knew enough not to try to treat the problem herself. Anyway, the surgeon decided to admit our son for the day "just in case" there were some bleeding issues or complications. Also because he has several allergies to medications, and in the past he went into anaphylaxis (shock) twice due to his medication allergies. (once when he was 9 and again when he was 11). This is in fact HOW we found out he had a particular allergy.

So, due to his history, they thought it best to hospitalize him rather than doing out patient at a clinic. Anyway, the surgeon was able to do minimal cutting and drained most of the cysts. Very little blood loss, no complications whatsover. He has a follow up in two weeks. He spent a short time in recovery, we made a trip to Mcdonalds on the way home (he was starving) and he is doing well, fast asleep in bed.

We could not of had a better outcome with this. The only future concern is that these types of cysts can come back and he may have another problem in the future. But sometimes, they never come back. So that is what we are hoping for.

So again, thanks for all the support. Peace everyone, Lilly

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thats good to hear, glad it worked out. That's one bit of good news for the day.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hope all goes well, followed by a speedy recovery.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Lilly, I just found your thread. I'm so happy to hear of the great outcome for your son!

I also hope he never has any future problems.

I wish your son a quick recovery! (it's nice to see he's already is feeling well).

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Best wishes that all goes well tomorrow.

jlp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit