Are You Going To the Memorial?

by headisspinning 83 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

What Scully said...let me refresh your memory:

Oh hell no.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Flaky Catholics have to go to Christmas & Easter Mass.

Flaky semi-faded JWs only have to go to Memorial.

To not attend the Memorial is a major non-verbal giving "the finger" to this organization. If it gives my hard-core elderly JW parents a bit of peace thinking that my wife and kids might actually make it into the land of eternal lion-petting, I'm willing to attend.

om

p.s. (But not without my Smart Phone!)

• wobble
    wobble

I couldn't sit through that s**t , mind you, I couldn't sit through any meeting of JW's without puking.

I think to go, and give false hope to my family and old friends is a cruel and dishonest thing to do, for me, I know others have already said they feel diffferently, but for me, it goes against my conscience to give support to their fantasy world.

I attended my last one in 2008. This after a lifetime of feeling that it was not quite right this "celebration".

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Absolutely not! They make a totally mockery of the unleavened bread and wine, Jesus say "drink...eat", but Im not allowed? Such a facade, hiding immorallity, corruption, control, cover-ups, lies, failed prophecy....they have no right playing the holier-than-thou card! So NO, Im not, and NEVER will again.

• zoiks
    zoiks

**laughs heartily, shaking head and holding belly**

Oh ho ho ho hohohohonononononohohoho! No, no, no...no.

**wipes away a tear**

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

First year NOT attending. It's gonna feel weird!!! But the tear will be complete!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Christmas... Memorial... Passover... Same thing old thng.

Superstition.

- Lime

PS: Why does TinyMCE override the standard right-click menu and provide the 'Paste' option, only to tell you that your browser doesn't support 'paste'? Guess what? My browser (Firefox 4 beta) pastes just fine. It is TinyMCE that disables paste. Since Firefox 3, there's been a damn good spell-checker built in as well.. so of course TinyMCE screws that up too. But hey. I can post smileys. Thank the volcano-gods for that.

• Iamallcool
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

I went through all of this last year where I went to my local cong for the memorial and partook of the emblems (I hadn't been to a meeting in almost 20 years) it was a stupid game I wanted to play but I wont be doing it ever again.

• dozy
    dozy

I haven't decided yet - I might be away on that weekend on business so that would make the decision up for me. I have a lot of family still in , though , so it might make sense to attend to keep them on board.

I published my last years experience together with quite a few others last year - reading through them again is of interest & might be helpful for those wondering whether or not to attend. For me , it just confirmed that the whole JW religion just wasn't for me any more - it was just an incredibly sterile and almost surreal experience.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/191074/4/Memorial-2010-Your-Experiences

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit