Are You Going To the Memorial?

by headisspinning 83 Replies latest jw friends

• jeckle
    jeckle

i do understand not being sure and also not wanting to make waves because of the kids and the exes finding something else to use against you guys. so if you do decide to go be strong get in and out quickly go home and have a stiff drink, and we'll all be here for you guys. those of us that do will pray for you(i will)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I think you should go this year. For the simple reason that you don't need the guilt right now - real or imagined guilt.

Next year, you can decide again, but I guarantee you will be in a different place in your life next year.

Palm

• geevee
    geevee

No.... not going either. The second last memorial I went to, I conducted! 2004.......... ah... that was the life................NOT!

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I would have to be drugged and dragged to get there.. so no..

• free2beme
    free2beme

Last time I went was 1997 ... so hell no!!!

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

I will NEVER go to another JW meeting in my life - especially the memorial!

Ask yourself:

* If you believe in Jesus then 'NO' because it is the most disrespectful evening of the year for Christians, when the JWs reject Jesus and pretty much just try and convince you that you shouldn't partake using scriptures taken out of context.

* If you're a JW and believe Jesus returned in 1914, again 'NO' because Jesus said to keep doing this until he returned.

* If you don't believe in Jesus then why the heck go anyway?

So to sum up: "There is NO reason for any human to go to the 'Jesus Reject Party' held by your local JW cult!

3Mozzies

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

The last one we went to was 2008 and we feel so much better since we stopped going

• blondie
    blondie

I'm blocked out after the 5th reply. But I would never go to the "memorial" ever again. Or as some call it "The Ignore Jesus Christ Party." If you never go to any other meetings, why go and stir up "hope" in your family and start the aggravation.

• chickpea
  • nugget
    nugget

no why would I go to a service that is pointless and meaningless. This religion has no bible basis for the method they follow and less credibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit