Are You Going To the Memorial?

by headisspinning 83 Replies latest jw friends

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Probably not. I see no scriptural basis for "onlookers" who are not "partakers" to attend. I have no desire to go to Heaven and I'd feel like I'm crashing Jesus' party.

Not all of Jesus' followers attended the Last Supper, but only his apostles - who obviously were anointed. Evidence that JWs have mandatory Memorial attendance wrong and the idea that all 1 st -century Christians were anointed is wrong.

Bible Students and early Jehovah's Witnesses decided they were all anointed and in 1935 they decided nobody was anointed, then changed their minds that some can be but they're only replacements for the ones they said were and didn't stay good JWs, then decided the door was "ajar". Am I the only one who sees telling God who is and who isn't anointed as being a mite presumptuous?

• itsbeenalongtime
    itsbeenalongtime

I dunno...

• lesabre
    lesabre

this is the 6th year i've missed it. boooohoooooooo...... besides, i am currently working on someday converting to Judaism.... so no.... i won't be going. lol!!

• Scully
    Scully

Oh hell no.

• etna
    etna

NO

Etna

• sizemik
    sizemik

I would feel horrible not to go.

I don't know where I'm going to land and if I had to look back and think I didn't go... well, I would feel awful.

Headispinning . . . this is a very natural response to years of WT inspired "guilt" . . . I recall feeling a similar sense of disquiet after my first missed memorial . . . I feel nothing of the sort anymore.

SixOfNine's observation is a good one to ponder . . .

...Jesus words: "“Take and eat; this is my body” and “Drink from it, all of you" and everyone in the audience except maybe a couple of people with emotional problems formally respond to Jesus with "no, Jesus, I will not take and eat" and "no I will not drink - next person", right?

Especially in light of the words at ROM 10;12 ... "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for there is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling upon him."

And also ACTS 4;12 ..."Furthermore there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." No mention here of WT Society or "faithful and discreet slave" required to intervene for us . . . quite the opposite!

And again . . . LUKE 22;19 " . . . keep doing this in remebrance of me."

If the JW memorial had any significance to true christianity then you would have cause for guilt . . . The passing and rejecting of the symbols actually mimics very closely what is practiced at some "black masses" performed by Satanic cults.

If you want to observe the memorial . . . then I suggest attending a church or christian group where partaking occurs . . . take with you the love for the Lord you carry in your heart and I'm sure you will feel just great about it . . . and you won't be 'descended upon'

I know it's not easy . . . but the WT Society through there misconcieved doctrines have seperated us from our true Lord and Master, Jesus. You need to re-unite yourself to him directly . . . Stephen, at the moment of his death, prayed directly to Jesus . . . why be afraid to do the same?

Hope this is of some help

Luvonyall - MS

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Nope. The up and coming is going to be the fourth in a row I've missed. Like others here, I see no point to it. Paranoia about others is what KEPT me from going four years ago.

You'll do what you want to do and we won't think any less of you (well, most of us anyway).

V665V665

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I figure what is the point of even going if Jesus' isn't our mediator or that his ransom was basically for the anointed and not really for us other sheep according to the WTBS.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My 'meeting trousers' are a bit too motheaten, so I'll give it a miss.

I haven't been to that yawn fest for way over a decade. I only used to go if the pub was closed.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The last Memorial talk I went to was given by a Bethelite that our hall paid to have flown in from NY to the west coast. If I hadn't already known what he was talking about....I wouldn't have had a clue as to what the whole thing was about. Mispronunciations, momotone voice, ramblings that seemed to lead nowhere. There were two 19/20 year old girls sitting in front of me that were visitors invited by someone in our Cong. During exceptionally muddled portions of the talk,they would look at eachother quizzically and shrug their shoulders. I knew they were completly baffeled by the whole thing. As I said, I would have been too, had I not been a life long JW. I leaned over to my wife and asked her if she could follow what he was saying. She normally would never say anything negative about anything done at the Hall but this time I could tell she was starting to see something different about this religion we had been raised in.

Afterward the Sister these girls came with , started taking flash photos of them holding her grandbaby and making a big deal out of it being the baby's first memorial as if it was a milestone in his life. I remember the sisters always dressing up, some with hats, long dresses and wearing corsages etc. 2000 plus years later, the wine and the bread are still being passed around to an audience that doesn't take any of it. It struck me as how odd the whole thing was. At the same time our DF'd son who was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks after being DF'd, was going through Chemotherapy and was sitting by us sick as a dog, his thick head of hair gone and his Mom and I not sure if this would be his last Memorial or if he would survive. 200+ people who he had known since his birth were shunning him with all their might while celebrating Jesus death and ransom for our sins. It was the last straw for me....I knew there was something really wrong with this arrangement. It took his Mom another two years before she could loose the supersticion about missing the Memorial that had been part of our indoctrination since birth. She has dropped it completly and has adjusted so well unlike me who is still mourning somewhat, the years I lost and the hurt for having trusted for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit