My cat

by imconfused 33 Replies latest social family

• imconfused
    imconfused

This is probably the stupidest thing to ever be wriiten on here, but I need to just talk/type it out.

My cat got run over last night & killed, I am a complete mess. My hubby has gone away with work today for a few days today so Im on my own & I cant cope. I know loads of you will think, it was just a cat get over it, but dam I hurt so much. Hubby works away a lot so its just often me & her and it just makes it not so lonely having this little thing to look after, she was part of the family. She didnt come in when we shouted, which she usually does, so we went looking for her & thought she was just in the fields chasing mice, went back out an hour or so later with the torch & my hubby checked the road near the house and came back with her collar with tears in his eys. I almost collapsed. Anyway we got a box and picked her up, we were going to bury her but as we live in the country I couldnt bear the thought of a fox digging her up or a tractor digging the fields over & getting her. So we took her to the vets this morning and they will sort everyhitng.

I used to hear of people upset over pets & think surely not. I havent stopped cryingh since last night, have had about 2 hours sleep & just feel and look rough. Feel empty. The house is so quiet, ive slowly started packing her things away as seeing them is so painful, but keep getting to upset to do it.

Feel so silly for this but I just need to sort of talk

Sorry guys x

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry to hear this. It's not silly at all, they are a part of the family and you need to grieve for them.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm very sorry to hear that! It's not silly. I also have and have lost cats. Some steal your heart more than others and it's awful when they die - especially when they meet with a sudden accident and you've not had chance to say goodbye or you're thinking about what they might have suffered. Have a darn good cry; allow yourself to grieve; don't feel you're being silly.

• imconfused
    imconfused

Thanks guys, believe me I'm crying good & hard and thinking about getting the vodka out but trying not to. Its only 4pm and it'l make me feel worse. She was only 2, healthy, active & hillarious - in my head we would have her until she was really old. We'd jsut been to the pet store & bought her some new toys too (she was very spoilt!)

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I am so very sorry. You feeling this way is not silly at all. There are many who look at their pets as a family member.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not silly at all. I lost a cat that way but on top of it I was in the car when my father ran over my cat. My cat was a tad stupid but he was sweet and I was heartbroken.

Sorry about the loss of your little one.

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((imconfused)))))

Bless your dear heart. You are not being silly to grieve the loss of your beloved kitty. The other posters have given good advice. All I can add to it is to remind you to eat and rest when you can.

Much love to you.

Robyn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s hard to lose a pet..I`ve lost a few..

It never gets easier..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

So sorry for your loss. Our animal companions are much more than mere 'pets'. They become a part of our family, and a part of who we are. I'd be devastated if something happened to my birds. They're the only source of joy I have in my life anymore.

W

• tec
    tec

I'll just add what everyone else has said. It is not silly, and you might be surprised to know that there have been quite a few posts about grieving for lost pets. Perhaps grieving hits harder on pets sometimes, because we feel like we are not supposed to mourn them so hard.

I am sorry you lost her; you obviously loved her very much. Avoid the vodka, would be my advice, and allow yourself to grieve. You need to let that happen. But remember that your pain will lessen, and it will get easier.

Love to you,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit