My cat

by imconfused 33 Replies latest social family

• Ding
    Ding

Pets are family.

Grieve.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I know loads of you will think, it was just a cat get over it, but dam I hurt so much. "

It was not just a cat, it was your cat, your companion, part of your family that you loved

I'm so sorry for your loss

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

My heart goes out to you - there are no words I can say that will erase the grief. It runs deep into the soul. And every pet is a distinct creature with his own personality that cannot be replaced. The best I can suggest is keep treasuring the good memories - the happy times together and you will feel your pet's presence if only in the heart. And know that God's purpose is to eventually satisfy the desire of every living thing - that includes our pets as well as ourselves. Today is temporary - the future is everlasting.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

ets are our non-judgemental companions. They always listen to us, always forgive, and always love us. Sorry about your loss. I consider my dogs and cats part of my family. Anytime one has died it has been hard. Don't feel bad about grieving, it's natural and shows how much you cared about your kitty.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Pets become family members and friends. If anybody has had multiple pets, then they know how amazing it is that each individual animal has its own personality. Anybody who thinks it is silly has never had a pet.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm so sorry for your loss. And your grief is not silly. My husband and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years keeping our pets alive. Losing them never gets easier, but I try to console myself with the good memories of when we had them. I had my old cat Puss Puss for 18 years. I lived with her longer than anyone else, including my parents. She was very sick, and it took everything I had in me to let her go.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

I'm so sorry. We lost our kitty a couple weeks ago, too. We had him over nine years, but we had to put him down because his heart was failing and he was in pain. We cried for days. We buried him on our property in a handy little cardboard box the vet supplied and piled rocks on his grave so nobody could dig him up. I painted a tombstone for him. We still miss him. Pets are family and wonderful company. Every pet is distinct and it is impossible to ever replace one, but sometimes getting another can help...when you're ready

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

If you were raised JW, im sure the importance of pets was greatly downplayed while you were growing up.

I remember assembly parts where we were reminded that pets steal our time away from the service and should real christian take on that un-necesary obligation?

I also remember an Awake article about dogs that was obviously written by someone who disliked them.

Of course all that comes from people who do not respect their own fellow human, much less animals.

Its been shown statistically that pet owners live longer then non-pet owners.

Thats how wonderful our animal friends are, they not only enhance our lives, but they also prolong it.

Im so sorry for your loss, grieve all you can

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Sorry to hear about your cat. Some cats are special.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I had my old cat Puss Puss for 18 years. I lived with her longer than anyone else, including my parents. She was very sick, and it took everything I had in me to let her go.

I know how your feel, two days ago I had to put down my elderly kitty too. I lost my oldest friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit