My cat

by imconfused 33 Replies latest social family

• infpalex
    infpalex

The loss of a pet is the worst thing ever. Especially for us EX-JW's... a lot of us pour out our heart to those furry little guys. I know one thing that helped me was to get another one right away and poor out my heart to that one.

Now my new baby has all the love of the old and the new one. I love her so much.

In any case big hugs to you! It's so difficult, but it will get better.

• imconfused
    imconfused

thank you so much everyone. Your kind words are really helping. Poor hubby sat up all night holding me even tho he was upset too. He would have cancelled going away but flights, meetings etc were booked so I told him to go, Id be ok. Now im in the house alone tho its awful. Not looking fwd to tonight, she slept on the bed at our feet so we could feel her weight there all the time, and it made me feel safer not being in the house alone when hes away, so tonight will be hard. Ging to try get a little sleep now as things are starting to blur, cant eat cos feel so sick.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

It doesn't matter whether your cat was 2 or 12, it hurts like heck. Allow yourself time to grieve. I've lost several dogs & cats over the years and Outlaw's right---it doesn't get easier.

Infpalex said to get another cat right away. I would suggest instead that you wait before rushing out to replace her. There will never be another cat that can take the place of one

you lost. In time, your own time, when you decide to let another kitty into your life you will be able to enjoy the new addition for its own sake. One more suggestion if I may, choose

another animal that doesn't remind you too much of the one you lost.

Deepest sympathies,

Reopened Mind

• s0rt3d
    s0rt3d

Really sorry to hear about your kitty companion No doubt she was special to you both. It's painful to lose a loved one - cry as much as you need to and think of the happy life she lived having such loving owners: not all cats are so lucky.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I know loads of you will think, it was just a cat get over it, but dam I hurt so much.

I can relate. I really love my cats too and when they go I will be mess for a bit.

Here's to the memory

-Sab

• Joliette
    Joliette

Sorry for your lost. Its not silly at all.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Very sorry to hear about your cat; we have lost two during our married life and it is really difficult.

We both shed more tears over the cat then when family members have died. I suppose it is because you see so much of them each day. We still have plenty of photos of them around the place.

George

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a sweet kitty that was my heart for 7 years. He was my campanion during my divorce and I loved him so much. He used to jump into bed with me and sleep under my arms. I had him leash trained and I would take him for walks. He got hit by a car after slipping out the front door in August 2009 and I was heartbroken.

Take time to heal from you loss. Maybe one day you can heal and open your heart again.

I wish you the very best -

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm all teary remembering the pain of losing my own pets. I posted on JWD/JWN about 2 cats I lost about 6 months apart.

They are members of our families and entertain us and show us love. The traumatic nature of death intensifies the emotional pain.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

-Aude.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I've very sorry you lost your cat. I have 4 myself. It would devastate me if they died.

Please everyone keep your pets indoors!! It really does save pet lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit