the other side of my story and why im going back

by deservingone26 89 Replies latest jw friends

• varian
    varian

deservingone: i often feel totally isolated with my thoughts and knowledge. i don´t fit into anything. i can´t even get too close to worldly people without some strange inner feeling.

there are so many times where i just feel totally uncomfortable. i sometimes think that only the right partner could give me the appropriate strength to even consider the possibillity of coming back. but where on earth should she come from? i´m like a modern day adam :-)

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    I have to fully convince myself i have to convince others as well so i got alot of bible reading and prayer that i need to do.

Smart move, may I suggest this awesome site: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com

3Mozzies

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

Entirely possible - i think i know brother dan lol we both live in phoenix he sent me a pm but still trying to find out if we know each other. and 2nd when i came out this site for the first time 4 years ago i typed in jehovah witness forum in google, i was really into the religion forum on myspace so i figured i might as well look for a site dedicated to the witnesses It never stated anything about this being a site specifically for exwitnesses and no longer wanted to be apart of the religion, i have found out there are many who post on here that are still in, and some that just come and visit cuse they are curious i wish everyone would tell their stories here but not everyone does. i did! and hopefully people can relate. my meeting is at 7 not everyone goes at the same time some people have to go to the meeting on saturdays im sure youve never heard of that. im not saying that your either a witness or miserable, im saying why not live your life and be a witness at the same time im just saying gods requirements arent asking that much. I can admit that when i party i act on my own desires and i get drunk and do other things out of my own selfish desires(my opinion) my ultimate goal is to know that i am pleasing god not man!

Today while browsing my facebook friends status updates he posted a quotes a quote that really effected me even though he is not one of jehovahs witnesses i think that its great that he post so many bible scriptures and how he really does want to help other see the light, and he doesnt let negative comments bring him down. i will continue to post here on this site sparatically on people topics i believe i can relate to.

• sizemik
  • GOrwell
    GOrwell

It is odd, but the very rare hall does have meetings that start @7.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I remember going to hall at 7pm....back in the early 80's.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I have heard of it much more recently than that...

• sizemik
    sizemik

deservingone26 . . . respectfully my young friend . . . the reasons you left the JW's (or were kicked out for) were exeedingly poor ones . . .

I really thought I was missing out though by not being able to celebrate holidays not being able to choose who i associated with. and not being able to do things like play violent video games or watch R rated movies.

Equally . . . your reasons for wanting to return are even worse

i have never actually looked into full detail of any other argument

I have learned that you have to love yourself and put yourself first before others because 90% percent of the time thats what everyone else doing. I feel like this step is best for me because i do believe in god.

My whole family from my mom, dad, sister, aunts uncles cousins grandma they are all witnesses and I am really fighting to be out for what?

Why don't you begin by simply evaluating this religion objectively using every source of information available to you and MAKE UP YOUR MIND IF IT REALLY IS THE TRUTH?

Making decisions based only on who you want to be friends with and how cruisy your life might be in doing it, is just childish self-indulgence . . . not wise decision making. You need to grow up and man up . . . start using your brain for goodness sake.

If you want to behave like a child . . . you will always be treated like one.

Luvonyall

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

sizemik- i appreciate your opinion but that is all that it is, you are looking at what i am saying and calling it childish why dont you come to the table with more then just im childish! I putting my story out there and this is how i feel more then what your doing i look forward to reading your story since your brand new to the site if your not like entirely possible who just goes around posting on everyone pages random useless things he too brought nothing to the table . what you said to me meant nothing but thank you i guess maybe your trying to help??i appreciate ppl like mrs jones who have something to bring to the table.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think what Sizemik is trying to say to you is you need to look deeper into what you think you believe. Your reasons for leaving were shallow and it seems the same shallowness is leading you back. The best advice that any of us here can give you is that you need to research the origins of the watchtower and find out the real truth about the so-called "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit