the other side of my story and why im going back

by deservingone26 89 Replies latest jw friends

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

There are two parts to this topic you can read one or the other or both if you want, i just figured i post this for differents ones who might being going thru what I am going thru i tried to write this as quick as possible so everything I am posting here is not to offend anyone I know everyone has the own opinions on different things so you can disagree or agree, but this is where i stand. sorry for any spelling errors or grammar issues up front.

my story

Through out my life of 24 years i feel like I have made a lot of mistakes which i know is apart of life we are not perfect but i feel like one of the biggest mistakes I made was leaving the organization. All of my family, and closest friends are still associated with the witnesses and I decided to take the road of selfishness and sin! I decided that I wanted to do things my way and while I dont regret my decision fully I still wonder what my life could have been if I would have just stayed. My parents provided me with a brand new car, a place to stay, and college paid for and all i had to do was follow gods commandments, I really thought I was missing out though by not being able to celebrate holidays not being able to choose who i associated with. and not being able to do things like play violent video games or watch R rated movies. Everyone to me seemed to be having so much fun and being a witness was holding me back! I was tired of being the "goodie good "I didnt want to wait til marriage to have sex. So i decided shortly after i was baptized that i didnt really care anymore and I was going to what I wanted so at 17 I decided to start hanging with some of the other youths that i went to school with and worked with and also other witness youths who shared the same desires as me. For me I loved to party every weekend we would drive all around town looking for the best parties. I started drinking alot and then started getting into drugs a little just weed tho. and i lost my virginity at 18. after i graduated high school i decided that I wanted to move out so i moved out with 5 of my jw friends. but within 6 months of living together 4 of the 6 got disfellowshiped the other 2 just stopped going(one of which is now facing 10 to 15 years in prison for drug trafficking) during the last 4 almost 5 years i have been df'd i have not been able to make up my mind on what I want to do. Do i want to get reinstated or do I want to do whatever i want? but for me that has meant weeks of me going back to the meetings and then changing my mind and going back to my old life style. For some reason I do love to party, i love to drink I love the club atmosphere, I love the way some drugs make me feel but now I am starting to notice the effects the partying has had on me. and its getting boring I want to get back into school get a career. my job now gets me what i want for the most part but I know i could be doing better! I know there is so much more to life then what I am doing now! and I truly believe that the bible is correct and that if we follow gods commands we can really live life the way it was intended and not in this short span of 70 to 80 years.

Why not go back

My whole family from my mom, dad, sister, aunts uncles cousins grandma they are all witnesses and I am really fighting to be out for what? Now that I am older I dont see life like i use to. I have learned that friends come and go (witness or non witness) I have learned that you have to love yourself and put yourself first before others because 90% percent of the time thats what everyone else doing. I feel like this step is best for me because i do believe in god. I dont believe that this world did not have a designer, just thinking how I wake up everyday and how everything in my body works in such a precise manner, how the earth is set up with the oceans and mountain and how the sun comes up everyday and i could go into detail for days on how everything is set up so perfectly around us. How could there not be a designer? that just my opinion i have never actually looked into full detail of any other argument but I know there are several scientists in the world who are required to know the other arguments but yet they still believe in god! I believe we all have a purpose and that is to serve god and this system of things that we are living in now is just a test and jehovah is going to reward those who were faithful to him. This is just my opinion but what is so great about not serving god his requirements are easy! And to pass up a possible reward just to live your life the way you want is it really worth it? higher education to find a great career is a great idea but you can also do that as a witness. Going to school actually makes it easier to be a witness because you can get a business degree learn how to run your own business so you can make your own schedule so that you can do things like meetings and service. thats what my cousin did and she is very succesful financial wise,but still puts jehovah first but she has plenty of time to take care of her family and make all the meeting and to go out in service and many other witnesses have done the same thing You want to start a family and focus all your time on them you can do this as a witness!but you will also be teaching them god commands. Me personally i will give me children the choice to do what they want but i will try to explain to them the best way possible why certain routes they should really think about going down. I know most of you have probably had bad experiences with the witnesses rather that was your parents raising you a certain way or an elder or someone in the congregation being overly or rude towards you. but you have to make the main reason you go to the meeting be for jehovah! I believe that there is a reward for us in the future if we fight for it!

Honestly make a list to yourself or on this topic if you want stating how witnesses where holding you back from living your life to the fullest!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm 45 years young. I made my list over twenty years ago. Being a jw and submitting to the organization was not on the list. Though my family and I have had our ups and downs I honestly feel that I made the right choice in not becoming a 3rd generation jw. I have found more love and peace of mind on the outside that I ever would have staying in the org.

To each his or her own.

• Open mind
    Open mind

If you're looking for folks who will be supportive of you going back to the Kingdom Hall, this probably isn't the best place to do it.

If being with JW family is what you think it takes to keep you off drugs, well, that's a tough one. I just hope you don't ever need a life-saving blood transfusion if you go back. (Yes, life-saving blood transfusions do exist.)

It's your life and you have to decide how best to live it. (Of course the JWs won't tell you it's YOUR life. But it is.)

I sincerely wish you the best life possible.

om

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    This is just my opinion but what is so great about not serving god his requirements are easy! And to pass up a possible reward just
    to live your life the way you want is it really worth it? higher education to find a great career is a great idea but you can also do that as a witness.
    Going to school actually makes it easier to be a witness because you can get a business degree learn how to run your own business
    so you can make your own schedule so that you can do things like meetings and service......deservingone26

So your telling us..

You don`t know anything about the WBT$/JW Cult..

And..

Your just going to do whatever you want,in Watchtower World..

...?...

OK..

........................OUTLAW

• varian
    varian

hi,

i really enjoyed reading your story. it reminds me a bit of mine, but with the difference that i was not a born in.

like you said, when i wake up in the morning and feel my body, how unbelivably wondeful its been constructed, or the earth rotating with an exact precision in the universe....there are no words to describe all of it. i´m so thankful that jehovah gave us these gifts. i really do love him.

but on the other hand i have an addiction problem, and i like the occasional party with lots of booze. i´m trying to reduce all of it a lot, and i have managed this year to cut it down a lot. but i know its just a matter of time when i´ll be sitting in a bar or disco, and be canning myself. of course, i know in advance, that the upcomong regration will follow, and i´ll be praying for forgiveness, but i just can´t find the strength to live like a monk from tibet or whatever.

so there´s me, thinking constantly what´s the best thing to do. believe it or not, i even considered the thought of doing jw type of stuff without the wts! even going preaching and stuff!i know it sounds weird, but i have to face the fact, that my addiction and the love of an occasional party, has a huge power over myself.

apart from that. i´m a male in my midforties. going back would also mean staying a single for the rest of this life or system. i´ve been df´d twice before. so which young sister in her right mind would want to spend her life with me with such a record? so going back, would be very tough for me, although i still believe in jehovah and the bible.

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

Ive already made up my mind that this is what i am going to do but i come to realise that most people that come to this site want to get able to be able to discuss what they are going thru and maybe someone is going thru the same thing i am going thru

outlaw- lol i like your posts there always funny but yeah man im gonna do what i want to do, its my life but i am going to focus on following gods commandments not what everyone else wants me to do, example: Im gonna listen to michael even though some witnesses believe that is bad, I going to go to school even tho some dont see the importance of it, the majority of my witness family has either there bachelors,masters and one almost has her doctarates degree, my plan will be to put jehovah first then myself next cuse if i love myself loving everyone else will be a given. my mistake i made b4 was worrying about everyone else and what everyone else was doing and how different ones would treat me with disrespect but Ive come to realize that people can come to not like you over something as simple as your color of your skin so you cant be friends with everyone.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This story reminds me of Brother Dan. I am 99% certain he was trolling. When I get bored one day, I will make a chart showing the correlation between the disasters in his life and not getting enough attention in threads.

This jackwagon here writes just like WT writer. His parents, good JDubs were going to give him a brand new car and pay for college? No pioneering? Not any witness parents I know.

Everyone is either a witness or miserable? Not in the real world.

His meetings start at 7? Not any hall I've every been to.

He wakes up thinking about how precisely his body work and the sun comes up so there must be a designer? Crap out of the WT rags, written in the same style.

Going to school helps you be a witness? Not in this universe.

Blaming US for having "bad experiences"? Yep, blame the victim. She was asking to get raped.

Go away troll.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Marking to come back tomorrow.

Our stories are very similar and I want to share my list with you; but my eyes are crossing...must sleep. And welcome to the forum, deserving!

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

varian: I can relate to the partying as you have read my story you can see but as far as marrying someone i honestly might be single for the rest of my life i dont know if i have a std, i wasnt always safe and who know i could have a std, i feel fine but i havent gotten checked but before i start dating i am gonna get checked out and 2ndly marrying only jehovahs witness is a man made rule while it is easier its jehovah who willl judge you in the end if you marry someone who is interested in serving god then i dont see why it would be hard to convert her to a jehovahs witness it worked for my cousin, she got baptized and she now pioneers but either way single are married it really comes down to your faith! if you dont have the belief that jehovah has something more in store for you and that he will forgive you for your sins then yeah religion is not for you. I have alot to wrk on myself because not only do i have to fully convince myself i have to convince others as well so i got alot of bible reading and prayer that i need to do.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's fascinating to watch cult-think in action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit