Circuit Assembly Lowlights

by Red Piller 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

And I'll wager they all say: 'This was better than ALL the other better than the last a$$emb£ies we've had!'

• ziddina
    ziddina

[hijacking the thread for a second...]

Oh, please!!! "Avatar" is neither based upon Hinduism or spiritism - as one of my friends said, it's "Cowboys versus Indians - er, 'Native Americans' - but this time, the Indians - er, 'Native Americans' - won!!"

Zid

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Thanks for the comments, all. As far as the movie Avatar - the supposed Hindu connection aleady mentioned in this thread is what made it "bad." From my discussions with an elder and a regular pioneer I think everyone is going to ignore that one. Both rolled their eyes as if to say "gimme me a break."

Pitchess, in my many years in, I used to see brothers anxious to be promoted. But, now, if the brother is under 25, they really don't care and don't want the hassle. And if they're middle-aged they're burnt out or just trying to duck the headaches that come with the title. There are some that still get excited but it more an exception than the norm.

Anony, it is a real eye opener how much the CO is policing congregation book and tract inventory. I've seen it given much attention.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Red Piller,

You are right. It seemed 12-13 years ago everybody was trying to reach out to be an MS or elder.

But now ? PPPPphhhsssst. Whatever. I now realize that most of these brothers are kids. ( I'm but 34 ) but they're going to counsel a man with a family on certain issues, when most haven't lived life themself ?

10 years ago looking back , I realize I didn't know jack about jack at 24. But I was going to be a guy others would come to for answers ? hahahahaha. It's laughable now.

• Leto
    Leto

I slept through most of the last a$$embly I went to, drank a couple pints at the lunch break, then went home early. It was the best one I ever went to.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

There's a bigger push on getting congregations to put their savings with the WTBTS instead of a local bank, they're even announcing

REGULARLY from the platform now on how to buy CO's off-lease cars.

I wonder if they have any legal standing as a financial institution or anything. They do charge a nominal interest on the money loaned for KH construction and that sort of thing. That would be something interesting to explore.

• Walk On
    Walk On

And I'll wager they all say: 'This was better than ALL the other better than the last a$$emb£ies we've had!'

Or even better: 'That was so timely, they know just what we need at the right time!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit