Circuit Assembly Lowlights

by Red Piller 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Our DO is a Southerner- his drawl makes the
    scary things he says much easier to swallow.
    Some highlights of his talks:
    Apostates are miserable. They have nothing to offer you. They just
    want you to be miserable too.
    Avatar the movie is based on hinduism and is not approriate for Christians.
    Your children have no rights to any privacy at home.
    "we have nothing against education. But please don't send your
    children away for school" (this was suprisingly reasonable....)
    One college story he gave was of a professor who disrobed in front of
    his business class. That's the immoral college environment!!

On the needs of the circuit: for the past 2 years there have been only
    6 Elders and 1 MS appointed. Every brother should be reaching out.

• Alfred
    Alfred

"One college story he gave was of a professor who disrobed in front of his business class..."

He was really covering the "business ethics" portion of the class and illustrating how honorable people should never have anything to hide.

• watson
    watson

We keep yanking on the robes of the WTS!!

• MartynAndrew
    MartynAndrew

Since I only went to about 2 or 3 it was not completely terrible, but I'm sure for the people who have been going their whole lives it must be hell. I sort of enjoyed hearing the gossip and seeing some different people, the novelty was over pretty fast though.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    On the needs of the circuit: for the past 2 years there have been only
    6 Elders and 1 MS appointed. Every brother should be reaching out.

Dude I keep saying they need a program to turn the low performing brothers to Ministerial Servants and Elders. You be surprised how many low performing brother want a high ranking brother to mentor them, but most of these Elders and Ministerial Servants look at the low performing brothers as social pariahs .

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith
    Dude I keep saying they need a program to turn the low performing brothers to Ministerial Servants and Elders. You be surprised how many low performing brother want a high ranking brother to mentor them, but most of these Elders and Ministerial Servants look at the low performing brothers as social pariahs .

Yeah, the CO asked an elder to reach out to my hubby and help him improve his ministry since that was all that was keeping him from getting appt. The elder liked this other brother better--he was really gregarious and popular--so he reached out to him instead and ignored my hubby who was more shy. The popular brother got appt at the next CO visit and my husband decided he was done reaching out and kissing ass. He stopped attending meetings and joined this community. I wrote a letter to the CO, trying to help him, and never heard a thing. It was like the letter was never received.

You know that makes me think. How many people on here have written letters asking for help and decided to leave the WTS based on how that letter was handled by the elders/society? Rhetorical question--not trying to hijack the OP

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    Yeah, the CO asked an elder to reach out to my hubby and help him improve his ministry since that was all that was keeping him from getting appt. The elder liked this other brother better--he was really gregarious and popular--so he reached out to him instead and ignored my hubby who was more shy. The popular brother got appt at the next CO visit and my husband decided he was done reaching out and kissing ass. He stopped attending meetings and joined this community. I wrote a letter to the CO, trying to help him, and never heard a thing. It was like the letter was never received.

@Lunatic Faith- I seen this happen so many times and I hate to say this its all one big popularity contest . If they like you they will appointed you.

• man in black
    man in black

Avatar the movie is based on hinduism

Personally I did not like this movie, but I would be interested in hearing where this guy gets his information from ? And stating this at an assembly also ?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

OOh! When was that thing said about Avatar??? My father came in while I was watching it a couple months ago and said "You shouldn't be watching that, it's got spiritism!" I was dumbfounded and asked him to show me exactly WHERE as it was a sci-fi movie with a made-up character base and belief system. He couldn't show me, all he said was "It was brought out at the last assembly that Avatar isn't good...you're mother won't be happy if she comes home and you're watching that". I just rolled my eyes and thought This is ludicrous. I know the WBTS has, in the past, hinted at certain movies and TV shows being inappropriate, but never mentioned them by name...just let you figure it out yourself and come to your own conclusion. I guess now they're naming names? I guess maybe Star Wars should be mentioned as well? With it's use of The Force, and all... And quite a few other movies popular with JW's as well. Scratch any and all Disney cartoons. Unbelievable. Outlawing Avatar is a huge stretch.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Apostacy in a sense doesn't offer you anything other than the freedom to choose your own beliefs. Also, the freedom of uncertainty, of NOT having all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit