Tomahawk Cruise Missile's ----> Moammar Gadhafi

by Sam Whiskey 81 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

I think the U.S should seriously stay out of this mess.

• PEC
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Live free or die and sic semper tyrannis.

Any time there's an opportunity to overthrow a tyrannical dictator, it is ALWAYS the right thing to do. I don't really care what the real political or personal motivation behind it is as long as it gets done. When you take out a Sadaam Hussein or a Ghadaffi, you have done a good thing. Always.

Now if this turns into a half-assed Somalia type operation that doesn't take out Ghadaffi then it was a bonehead move that just makes the west look bad. If it turns into an even better version of Iraq then it is a HUGE win for humanity.

• beatthesystem
    beatthesystem

In 2008, they told me that if I voted for McCain:

....we'd not only see more Abu Ghraibs....

....we'd also get treated to Guantanamo remaining open....

....plus the government would continue snooping on its citizens through the Patriot Act....

....and that the two existing middle eastern wars would not only get extended, but that new ones would be started....

....and they were right!

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) has panned President Obama's decision to participate in Saturday's missile attack on Libya, going so far as question whether or not the strikes should be considered an "impeachable offense."

In a lengthy statement dated March 18 and re-printed in full on his website, Kucinich notes:

While the action is billed as protecting the civilians of Libya, a no-fly-zone begins with an attack on the air defenses of Libya and Qaddafi forces. It is an act of war. The president made statements which attempt to minimize U.S. action, but U.S. planes may drop U.S. bombs and U.S. missiles may be involved in striking another sovereign nation. War from the air is still war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/21/dennis-kucinich-obama-impeachment_n_838502.html

• beatthesystem
    beatthesystem

Beks, I think Kucinich is smoking crack about this being an impeachable offense, although it IS an act of war. The War Powers act means Obama can act legally for a short period of time without Congressional approval. That's just how it is.

BTS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Lesson learned? It doesn't matter who the president is when push comes to shove.

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Arabs to urge UN to impose no-fly zone on Libya

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-03/13/c_13775416.htm

"I summon my blue-eyed slaves anytime it pleases me. I command the Americans to send me their bravest soldiers to die for me. Anytime I clap my hands a stupid genie called the American ambassador appears to do my bidding. When the Americans die in my service their bodies are frozen in metal boxes by the US Embassy and American airplanes carry them away, as if they never existed. Truly, America is my favorite slave."

King Fahd , Saudi Arabia,1993

• freydo
    freydo

The question is who was backing those "rebels" that Gadhafi was beating back?

And who was funding them? al qaeda.

So who's side is Obama on?

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Are we sure he's not doing this so Halliburton can help Unocal-Chevron build a gas pipeline across Libya?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit