Tomahawk Cruise Missile's ----> Moammar Gadhafi

by Sam Whiskey 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam Whiskey
  • Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Powell Doctrine

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "Powell Doctrine" is a journalist-created term, named after General Colin Powell in the run-up to the 1990-1991 Gulf War. It is based in large part on the Weinberger Doctrine, devised by Caspar Weinberger, former Secretary of Defenseand Powell's former boss.

The Powell Doctrine states that a list of questions all have to be answered affirmatively before military action is taken by the United States:

1. Is a vital national security interest threatened?
    2. Do we have a clear attainable objective?
    3. Have the risks and costs been fully and frankly analyzed?
    4. Have all other non-violent policy means been fully exhausted?
    5. Is there a plausible exit strategy to avoid endless entanglement?
    6. Have the consequences of our action been fully considered?
    7. Is the action supported by the American people?
    8. Do we have genuine broad international support? [ 1 ]

As Powell said in an April 1, 2009 interview on The Rachel Maddow Show, the Doctrine denotes the exhausting of all "political, economic, and diplomatic means," which, only if those means prove to be futile, should a nation resort to military force. Powell has expanded upon the Doctrine, asserting that when a nation is engaging in war, every resource and tool should be used to achieve decisive force against the enemy, minimizing US casualties and ending the conflict quickly by forcing the weaker force to capitulate. This is well in line with Western military strategy dating at least from Carl von Clausewitz's On War. [cita

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

French fighter jets knocked out 4 Libyan tanks accodring to AL-Jazerra, and CNN.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I hope this won't upset Obama's vacation plans!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Launching Tommy's now...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Something ironic about this to me. Please correct me if my observations on what happened need tweaked. So Libya had an uprising, pretty much a minor civil war of sorts.?The establishment almost lost, but rallied back to reclaim the country, and the US goverment is upset by that and feels they need to be punished?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Apparently the French and British are pushing this because of a fear that Gadhafi is going to go insane on the rebels and innocent by standers, since he's slighty insane there's at least consistency in what he plans to do to his people.

Anyway air strikes will suffice. On the other hand 3% of the worlds oil supply or 3% of imports come from Libya.

Not that that is a factor.

• cofty
    cofty

Revenge for Lockerbie incoming.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Not that that is a factor.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Gaddafi has committed crimes against humanity within the population of the country he governs, designated by the world community.

What everyone knows what he's trying to do is hold on to the wealth of Libya's oil reserves,

which he has been sifting most of the wealth to his family. Its been reported that he's been secretly funneling the money out to

other countries to make it appear the money hasn't been solemnly taken by himself.

The man is nothing but corrupt thug, that needs to be taken down and it looks like that will eventual come.

Personally I hope they catch him and string him up, as a warning to other potential corrupt dictators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit