Am I the only one who felt sorry for adam and eve?

by Joliette 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

The witnesses always blame everything on adam and eve (besides satan). For some reason, when I used to look at the my book and bible stories when I was little, I used to feel bad for adam and eve? How did they know? Its kinda like getting mad at a baby for making a mistake. There a baby!

Comments appreicated, thank you.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Are you the only one who believes they were actual people?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't know if I felt sorry for them, as much as I found the whole story flawed. How is it that supposedly perfect individuals possessed the character defects needed to be misled as easily as they were. The same could be said about the devil, for that matter. Ultimately, wasn't it a mistake in creation itself, and wouldn't that mean that god himself is to blame?

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ keyser soze- I guess the brothers have always said that adam and eve at the power of choice, and they choosed to go against Jehovah, the same for satan.

Even as a kid, it sounded very hard to believe

@snakerface-Thats something I've always questioned. Its always sounded highly unrealistic to me, even as a kid. If eve was perfect, she would have ignored satan and went on her way.

• james_woods
    james_woods

According to Watchtower myth, haven't they flip-flopped at least once on whether Adam and Eve could be resurrected into the new system?

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ james wood-I always thought that adam and eve (according to watchtower theology) had a one way ticket to ghenna with no chance of coming back.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

According to Watchtower myth, haven't they flip-flopped at least once on whether Adam and Eve could be resurrected into the new system?

Really? I would like to see the sources. Thanks!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I know they've flip-flopped on Judas Iscariot, and the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah. I believe they've always maintained that Adam and Eve wouldn't be resurrected, on the basis that they were perfect.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Queue irreconcilable "free will" argument in 3, 2.....

• trevor
    trevor

Yeah! I felt sorry for Adam. He wakes up and suddenly there's a beautiful naked woman standing there. No chaperone in sight - he thinks!

This was his first date for Christ's sake. He didn't know how duplicious women can be. 'Won't you bite my apple, Adam.' What inexperienced man would say no? The rest is history - as they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit