Am I the only one who felt sorry for adam and eve?

by Joliette 54 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Tec- Tammy- I agree with you. Adam blamed both God and Eve.

He was trying to excuse himself. He did not ask God to spare her. If he had not eaten the fruit then perhaps he could have tried to get God to spare Eve.

But he did not apologize- just pushed the blame on God and Eve.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think it's a bit tough that Jehovah couldn't forgive Adam & Eve. I'm sure they were sorry for stealing that bit of fruit. They had only existed for two years before they made their first and last mistake. Doesn't seem fair to me...

• simon17
    simon17

Forget Adam and Eve... Balaam and Pilot got SHAFTED.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I must eat crow. In the above post that I thought absolved Adam and Eve, I checked out the source. The source gives residents of Sodom and Gomorrah another chance, but not Adam and Eve.

Who will be Resurrected from the Dead, Watchtower March 1, 1965

10....“Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet. Truly I say to you, It will be more endurable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that city.” (Matt. 10:14, 15; Luke 10:10-12) Why was that so? Because Sodom and Gomorrah did not have such a witness concerning God’s kingdom.....

14 Now notice, please, that 2 Peter 2:6 says that the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah was only a “pattern,” one that was full of instruction for godly Christians as to what would happen to them if they stayed faithful to Jehovah God and what was sure to happen to them if they followed a course like that of the people of Sodom and Gomorrah.

15 Were those Sodomites worse than the rest of the Canaanites? No; not according to Leviticus 18:21-28. And Peter does not say that the Sodomites and Gomorreans were destroyed everlastingly

Who will Be Resurrected - Why? Watchtower March 15, 1965

11 The Sacred Scriptures hold out no hope of a resurrection for Cain the murderer, but what about Cain’s father and mother, Adam and Eve, our own first human parents? .

...(wearisome detail)....

48 Because Adam, despite God’s full warning, willfully brought death upon all his offspring, he was a willful murderer, and Eve shared with him in this willful transgression. So Jehovah, acting in harmony with his later law concerning the Israelite “cities of refuge,” would refuse to accept any ransom in Adam’s behalf and in Eve’s behalf, not letting them come under the ministration of his High Priest Jesus Christ

• Terry
    Terry

Isn't MOSES supposed to have written Genesis?

Was Moses standing there with his reporter's notebook and a stylus while these conversations were going on?

Or, did Jehovah deliver a tape recording of the whole episode directly to him later?

Or.....unthinkable as it may sound.....could it be these reported conversations are entirely crafted by a writer MAKING IT ALL UP?

Just wondering.........you know....in case it is all nonsense.....and such.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit