No Part of The World Circuit Assembly Highlights

by DavinciCodeBreaker 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Man, even when I was in I had no interest in talking about experiences, ugh.

No one takes those things seriously, they are such a waste of time.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The experiences have gotten way worse. They have become shameless plugs for donations and advocating. They are heavily weighing into the 'go more in service' message even to the point of encouraging people to quit their jobs even when they have it tough, sell their house, sell their cars, get rid of Internet and TV.

I have (had) many parts and 'experiences' on these gatherings - the experiences are half-truths in the best case, the people (even children) are coached into a certain message even if it totally distorts who they really are. Think: Why do you need about 2-5 rehearsals to answer 3 simple questions and explain what happened to you. When something special happens to me I remember it very well thank you very much.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"...on Suday after the meeting they are going to have the speaker and his wife over for lunch and are loooking forward to their experiences. Lastly they are going to invte a couple that was recently on a foreign assignment to come over for dinner to share their experiences"

The above brings back Horrific memories of countless hours in the kitchen, followed by a dinner where the conversation was usually strained, awkward and uninteresting, then there was the huge mess I would get to clean up and then finally a very, very large glass of gin when everyone went home, followed by a few shots of tequilla.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Strangely enough I seem to spend more quality time with my family now that I am not a JW.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Being a "born-in", I never really knew many "worldly" families. The ones I did know, put our's to shame.

Now that I've been "out" for a few years.......I'm pleasantly surprised at how many really lovely and close families there are!!

All those years I was told that going to meetings, assemblies and field service was spending "quality time" with your family. It sure is NOT!!

Quality time is sitting up til 3 am with your teenage daughter, laughing and talking........and then being too tired for service the next morning, so you go out for brunch instead.

• nugget
    nugget

the feeling of relief and not wasting time on this rubbish is palpable. It is sad that so many people sitting in the audience will feel inadequate.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Minimus says:

" That "epiphany" is supposed to be their "Bible trained conscience". LOL"

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

The saddest part of these assemblies is when I see new ones (usually born-ins) getting baptized. Especially when I hear the question asking for their allegience to the WTBTS! I think they should ask the same question they do at weddings-where they ask if anyone has any objections to speak now...it would be interesting don't you think?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm starting to get flashbacks of those soliloquies.

Ya know why they use soliloquies?

They can't find any real experiences anymore, and so many pubs began to realize that the examples being given were total fabrications.

• sinis
    sinis

I agree Cantleave...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit