No Part of The World Circuit Assembly Highlights

by DavinciCodeBreaker 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

who wants to go out after the DC in formal dress wear and name badges FFS! they are getting more and more stranger by the minute,

"what will local people think of us as we walk around the convention city?"

they obviously have not been looking at the local bars and pubs especially around Twickenham on the final Sunday, a pub called The Barney Arms runs out of beer!the guy in sandals and shorts is the least of their worries.

• cofty
    cofty

After all, what do the local people think of us as we walk about in the convention city?

Its probably kinder not to tell them what people think about them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I had to do a demo at an arse-embly a couple of years ago and basically I had to memorise a 'script' from the cult leaders!

This is 'information control' along with other cult 'mind cleansing' techniques!

Watchtower, June 1, 1953 "Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24).
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

but is dressed in modest shorts, shirt, and sandals. He is also wearing a convention badge card. The family head does not get angry but greets the brother and asks him where he is going. Brother replies: “To dinner with you and your family, and then after dinner I’ll meet up with some friends from the congregation.” The elder takes the young brother aside and gently offers private counsel about being aware of our appearance at all times, especially at events directly connected to our worship, such as visits to Bethel, travelling to and from conventions, and during conventions. After all, what do the local people think of us as we walk about in the convention city?

Holy crap! Are they serious with this? What do they want, a bunch of robotic clones walking around with tracts in their front pocket to hand out everywhere they go? Don't they realize that looking and acting like this makes the public uncomfortable? People just want to get away from weirdos, not join their religion!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

poontoon is right. Anyone who has worked "behind the curtain" can attest to how elite these cats think they are. They are (or at least view themselves as such) celeberities in their local circuit or districts. Many of them walk around with an entourage of brown-nosers carrying walkie-talkies and have at least one personal assistant who runs around like a complete tool. (I am guilty of being one of the tools)

Other observations:

- They love to have special closed door meetings every 15 minutes. constantly. "let's get ready to get ready!" pointless.

- Flaunting of special coveted badges that have all kinds of stupid little secret codes that allow the bearer all kinds of behind the scenes VIP access.

- Nothing is more awesome for them than to be approached by hordes of die-hard JW "fans" who congrulate them on thier talks and take them to dinners afterwards.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK.

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

The outlines were spot on "dozy". What was ironic about “Demonstration 2” is that the young lad asked his father if he and his friend (the one who would show up dressed casually) could go to the park. The father agrees to this and still coerces the young man to change back into his suit knowing full well that they were going to the park afterwards. "Ya let's go play tag football in our suits!" How moronic. After reading the outlines it reaffirmed to me that these demonstrations are indeed coming straight from the GB with no wiggle room for the local brothers to make these demonstrations a little more realistic. Thanks for this post, I can’t wait to show this to my sceptical wife.

• jambon1
    jambon1

The PR about JW families being all loved up & happy is quite a laugh to me. I knew families where fights among elders/elders sons are common place.

JW's - The happiest people on earth?.................

• rocketman
    rocketman

Unshackled wrote: "BUT JWs don't pass a collection plate! The collection plate is clearly Satan's evil tool for soliciting funds. However, tall boxes, automatic bank withdrawals, debit machines, adjusting your will to leave real estate and stocks, and soliciting tax return money ARE all the true religion's loving provision for you. Just beware of that dang evil plate." Great way of putting it!

As for the point about what to discuss w fellow believers: I guarantee that most jws do NOT want to hear about that scripture their fellow jw happened to appreciate during bible reading. They do NOT want to talk about all your wonderful field service experiences. Jws want to talk about regular, every-day stuff, like sports, weather, work, etc. This is one of the dilemmas that many jws face - they WANT to be normal, but this religion keeps on pushing them in the other direction.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Jws want to talk about regular, every-day stuff, like sports, weather, work, etc.

This is very true. I encounter this dilemma when I try to have conversations with JWs. I find that I have nothing to speak to them about, even small talk. They just don't know how to have a normal human conversation. Plus, many of them are so sheltered or oblivious to anything around them that sports, literature, music - even pop-culture references are completely lost on them. Had one older J-dubb (50's) look at me blankly when I made a STAR WARS REFERENCE. Told me that he had never seen that movie. REALLY???? REALLLY?????????????? you never saw Star Wars?????? C'mon. Nobody is that dense. Or are they?

• pontoon
    pontoon

Mr. Falcon is right and reminded me about something. During an assembly did any one of you get to sit in the Chairman's Office? In my old circuit that can only happen by invitation from the CO (only, I think). Anyway, that is where circuit heavyweights sit to rate the speakers. Now the kicker is these guys think they are so special that they have catered meals brought in at circuit expense. They dine during the sessions and have glass bottles, containers, and glasses that the rest are not allowed to have. When I first saw that I felt guilty, even embarrased to partake. BUT mostly I felt disappointed in the character of those in the room. They even joke about their privilage. I didn't fit in and excused myself, felt like crap over seeing that whole thing. They really do think they are special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit