EarthQuake Japan

by watson 63 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Terrible. Thanks for the posted clips.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Leolaia, I've heard that you have a Japanese (?) boyfriend. If so, I hope he's OK.

Villabolo

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am hoping the best for poster, "Possible-San." He posted here a few days ago. He is in Japan, but I am not sure what city.

Skeeter

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

Mr. Falcon - That's really sad. I wonder what my mother has thought of all of this.

I completely agree with moshe and Finally-Free about them being naive about thinking that God will do this that and the other to keep specific people safe from the laws of nature. It's pure physics and physics don't discriminate.

I also agree with thetrueone. After watching season 1 of How The Earth Was Made on Netflix, I was completely free of some of the old concepts I didn't know that I hadn't gotten rid of that the WTS had ingrained in me from birth. After watching that, I would think that any JW that has half a logical brain cell still functioning outside of the cult's control should get at least a little bit of a sense that the reality that the WTS presents is at least a little off somehow. The purely emotional ones like my mother... maybe not so much. I also feel really bad for the JWs that are so far in that they hear anything science related that might challenge their beliefs and they automatically shut it out.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The news about those nuclear reactors just seems to be getting worse...

• Iamallcool
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    Graph: Severity and frequency of worldwide earthquakes with 1,000 or more deaths since the year 1900 with forecast based upon trend

Jehovah's Witnesses believe earthquakes have become more frequent and severe in recent years, and this is a sign of Armageddon approaching. Here is a graph of data collected by the US Geological Survey regarding the frequency and severity of worldwide earthquakes since 1900, with a mathematical forecast to 2050.

pdf format.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

villabollo....Yeah we're all okay and our friends in Tokyo are fine too (btw he's not Japanese but spends a lot of time in Japan). We're going in a week and a half so I am concerned about how things are gonna go. My mom is worried.

I just saw these two videos. There are no words. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAQ6RgiWsqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GShtCtX2Aic

• St George of England
    St George of England

As we watch this tragedy unfolding the GB will be meeting to see what mileage they can get out of it. The usual photos for the WT & Awake, a KH being rebuilt or a JW having his home repaired!

George

• Glander
    Glander

I have travelled through rural Japan. Every foot of the entire country is groomed. The farms are all immaculate. This is yet another catastrophy for the Japanese people to overcome, but they will come back from it. I am glad to see they are accepting help from outside sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit