Finished Mystery (1917)... The book that Jesus approved...

by Alfred 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    This is why there is a 'witch hunt' for these books. So embarrassing they're scandalous. Shoot, before the congregation library was all cleaned out, elders used to approach me if I was even standing too close to the old books!
  • FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Alfred, this is a great piece of work -- that research you did some 6 years ago. Time to resurrect it especially in view of the recently dropped Watchtower teaching of 1919.

Len

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, our hall ordered three large boxes of these older books to be thrown Away!

I kept many of them and read them....and cited the direction the society gave us in many kingdom ministry articles to "be proud of and aware of our rich spiritual heritage"

After reading such books, I understand why the society of today wants to erase this strange history.....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Many of the books published by the Watchtower Publishing house have been taken off the shelves and congregations have been told to remove them why ?

Because they expose the commercialized fraud of which this religious publishing house was founded upon, the WTS's own doctrines were not created upon truthful and accurate interpretation of the bible but were more deliberately devised to attract attention to the literature and the on continuing distribution of that literature.

Both Jehovah and Jesus aren't involved in corrupt Charlatanism.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" recently dropped Watchtower teaching of 1919 "

I thought they had slightly modified ( "refined") it, rather than dropped it, if they dropped it, where would they claim their authority came from ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One of the pressing things Rutherford had to do when he took over the WTS. was to further propagate the bullshit that Russell originated, it was his set responsibility to do so or lose the backing support that people were willing to give toward the Watchtower Corporation .

So announcing that God had chosen him (1919) after Jesus reviewed his preaching and teaching made for himself and the organization a platform of validity and its this particular announcement is what today's GB is trying to weaken and white wash.

• skin
    skin

Currently both at the book study, and a number of recent Watchtowers are now teaching JWs the modern day rewritten version of their history. Can't have these older books getting in the way of facts.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Finky So announcing that God had chosen him (1919) after Jesus reviewed his preaching and teaching made for himself and the organization a platform of validity and its this particular announcement is what today's GB is trying to weaken and white wash.

Do you think this is because like Russell Rutherford has become an embarrassment to the org, particularly as the the internet has made information about this fraudster widely available?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would agree Diogenesister there is so much available information on the inter-net that the GB have now recognized and taken into consideration as something to deal with, lets just say it adds to the problem of dealing with failed or false doctrines the WTS has made in its past.

In the past the WTS would just remove and take out of circulation those pieces of literature that were not advantageous to the them.

As for myself I didn't know anything about Russell's Pyramidology theology concerning 1914 until I read about on the Web. ......shocking to say the least

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

And. Exactly why did the Canadian government ban this book!? The hospitals were swamped with Too many people laughing their asses off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit