Finished Mystery (1917)... The book that Jesus approved...

by Alfred 102 Replies latest watchtower bible

• applehippie
    applehippie
    Shaking my head. I have this book and the Sons of God book. Threw pretty much everything else away but held onto these.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

applehippie, if you ever get the urge to throw something away offer it to us first. Many of us would love to get our hands on such JW "forbidden knowledge".

And for those who want to fall through the rabbit hole here is the link to the PDF version: https://ia700400.us.archive.org/20/items/TheFinishedMystery/1917_The_Finished_Mystery_1918_edition.pdf

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Village Idiot

Thanks

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Not seen this before. What a great thread and thanks to the OP for the original research. The great shame is that most JWs couldn't care less about this - it's soooo long ago and all that matters is the current light.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    What a whack job! I'm surprised there was no mention of alien abduction and orifice probing.
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

Was this the one written by Rutherford?

I know they have been putting CTR out to pasture lately and like the idea that this came from Rutherfords mind. So post STR and pre Jesus selection is a great 1,2 punch.

NJY

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    notjustyet: Was this the one written by Rutherford?

Rutherford had a hand in the publication of The Finished Mystery, but he did not write it. The Finished Mystery was published after Russell's death but it contained some of Russell's writings.

The Finished Mystery was actually written by Clayton Woodworth and George Fisher - both men were textbook writers for the International Correspondence School - it is unknown as to how much of the material in the book is actually Russell's or how much has been modified/added by the co-authors Woodworth and Fisher.
  • pixel
    pixel

What is funny is that on one of their latest DVD "Out of the Darkness" they portray Rutherford as a victim because some brothers from Bethel did not want this book published, so the GB says that those brothers where wrong. Maybe because it was a crazy book they did not want it published?

Plus, since the GB still defends this book, they endorse all of its crazy ideas. So stupid.

• pronomono
    pronomono
    You'd think they would have sunk this a long time ago. Nope, instead the portray it as an early victory true religion, except it's all false.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Yep recommended reading for all exiting jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit