Hello to everyone.... and could I ask a really basic question here please...

by JamesS 48 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesS
    JamesS

Yep, I know what you mean, scars are definately there forever. They don't see the damage they do because they only look forwards to the end of the world and it is all in their wake I'm afraid!!!

But I try to ignore it all and just concentrate on keeping good relationships with my family (ALL my family are still JW's except me!)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

losthobbit- "I like Jehovah's Witnesses, and want to rescue them."

Ah, yet another idealist. I remember when I was like that. It didn't last long.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi James,

DF'd ex elder here from Southampton.

This is a great site, poulated by (mostly) great people.

ANGUS aka Cantleave

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi James

Welcome to the site.

I am in the South too, near Portsmouth but originally I was in the Horndean Cong.

Amelia

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

JamesS and losthobbit, WELCOME!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Hi James and welcome to the site, or should I say 'community', because this is a exactly that.

Although there are a lot of active/fading/ex JWs, there are also atheists, Christians, Jews and other non-christians. I think everyone here has a Watchtower branch of some kind, otherwise, why would they be here?

Myself, I have never been a JW, but I've spoke with plenty of them at my door, in my house and at the Kingdom hall.

My brother was left his faith over 20 years ago and his membership with the Watchtower has impacted our whole family [do I have to say in a negative way?].

I'm here to learn more about the JW mindset and to see how I could help him and his family leave 'The Truth' tm .

dc

• bigmac
    bigmac

hi James S, good to have you here---i too found the site title confusing & wouldnt read any of it, till Cantleave put mr right.

i'm on the I o Wight, & have met the above 2 at ex get togethers.

ive bumped a thread i started a while back with lots of UK members listed.

• Glander
    Glander

Similar situation here,, JameS. I am working on getting out but it is a process. This forum is a big help. Good luck.

• Millions
    Millions

Welcome James, new member here also, my story is here if you want to read it.

I envy you having got out at such a young age - I hope you made the most of it! If not there's still time, I'm a few years older than you and I'm trying to really ramp things up with education and social activity this year. Make hay before Arma.. I mean while the sun shines :P

All the best, Millions

'Millions Now Living May Never Get Free'

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Hi James and welcome. As you can see from my post count, I'm fairly new also.

Ive been out 7 years after 23 yrs in. Great bunch here . . . different posters come along at regular times and you'll find some valuable stuff from time to time . . . . and no shortage of humor. Every contribution is warmly welcomed (except for spade and a couple of other loonies ... but they fall into humor category mostly).

I'm from CHCH NZ . . . "shakeytown" at the moment as I'm sure you already know . . . stirring up lot's of interesting happenings!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit