Hello to everyone.... and could I ask a really basic question here please...

by JamesS 48 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesS
    JamesS

Hi Curtains forgive me but what is a "New JW"? As in, not a JW?, Not Labour etc?

• JamesS
    JamesS

jookbeard I know Sutton well. Used to live in Carshalton for a few years.

• Curtains
    Curtains

hi james

Hi Curtains forgive me but what is a "New JW"? As in, not a JW?, Not Labour etc?

we are new in that we don't know what we are yet in keeping with the sentiments of 1John3:2. We love rank and file Jehovahs witnesses but would like to see much needed changes in the leadership. Other than that we lean towards atheism which seems to be how the WTS depicts jehovah (as they make all the decisions - Jehovah does not make any nowadays), materialism (focus on the new system), keeping active in holy spirit (participating at the meetings - speaking out when moved by spirit).

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm right btween the middle James, did you go to the cong there?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Curtians; what part of London are you from?

• JamesS
    JamesS

No I didn't go to any cong whilst in Carshalton that has been post the witnesses 15 years ago now, but I lived round the corner from the one in Wallington! I knew some people in that cong, but never stepped foot in the KH. I also lived just up the road from one in Australia and never stepped foot in it! I now live 100 yards from a KH and have never stepped foot in that one either!

• Curtains
    Curtains

Hi jook

I don't want to be too specific

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thats cool

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome to both knew posters :) Just remember while you are out there trying to "save" JWs...that even those of us who spent decades or even generations IN the Borganization, cant change the minds of those we love who are still in the throes of the cult.

People have to come to the conclusion that they need to get out on their own. The harder we try, the more they dig in their heels and yell "Persecution!" and they see that as a fulfillment of prophecy and that they are indeed in the "truth". God bless your efforts tho.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum JamesS

Not because I've got anything against the JW's, but just that I'd rather not talk to a brick wall!

LOL

We have a couple of brick walls here. You'll soon work out who they are. Just don't click on their topics unless you are bored silly.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit