Fallen out of love with Husband?

by bloominglotus 108 Replies latest social family

• beksbks
  • bloominglotus
    bloominglotus

Snoozy I definitely know better...Im trying to changed woman ya know and learn how to walk away from heated discussions instead....Its hard cuz I can get real flip with the lip

• bloominglotus
    bloominglotus

Any advice on how to deal with an overbearing MIL thats soon to move in with us? Any experiences?

• tec
    tec

With young children (very stressful time in a marriage, no matter how much you both love them), and extra bodies soon to be living with you, you are going to need some time to yourself: a) to keep yourself sane, and b) because you deserve it. Even if its just a few hours once a week, maybe even once every couple weeks depending on what is doable. Just to get some perspective, unwind, regain some calm. Ignore everything happening at home for those few hours; don't even think about anything there. (use common sense of course... a major (or dangerous) problem needs your immediate attention; cranky kids, dirty dishes, etc does not... at least not for a couple hours)

With the fact that you both have anger issues, and perhaps both are involved in physical attacks, I STRONGLY second everyone else who has also recommended therapy. Most especially for the sake of your children. They are not too young to be unaffected by the tension and the battles. I speak from personal experience. You and your husband need to be healthy, so they can be healthy as well.

Tammy

• BurnTheShips
  • tec
    tec
    Does anyone else get the feeling that BTS account may have been compromised?

Starting to consider it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Whoa. He's hitting you? If he isn't hitting you, I'd give you the below ideas.

Marriage is challenging even when there is a good, healthy, well planned foundation. You've heard it said that marriage takes hard work. I look at marriage like a garden. You have to tend it lovingly every day and night. Otherwise the weeds grow sky high and you can't see and things become overwhelmingly messy. If you two ever loved each other, there is a lot of hope. You just have to find the right supports and resources.

Anytime he does shower, shave and brush his teeth, remind him of what he's been missing. Meaning, show him, not tell him. He may get the point that when he is all cleaned up, you can't resist him. Everybody wants to feel loved, needed, cherished and adored. Everyone wants to feel attractive. If you give that to him, he might just return it.

I have noticed that the more physically demonstrative a couple is, regularly, the better they will get along. The closer they will feel. When the love making stops, the marriage often polarizes. You both retreat to a corner and generally stay there. That's how a lot of divorces begin.

• tec
    tec

Great advice from FHN.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Briefly off topic. BTS has a strong profile here. I regularly don't agree with him but on other occasions feel he is like a brother. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt that something is bugging him big time and he is venting. I will give him space and see what happens. Sorry, back to topic.....

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Burn The Ships and beksbks are having another cock measuring contest

Bloominglotus, the simple fact is that relationships seldom last in this day and age. It's a hard pill to swallow. The reason why is for another thread.

Find someone you want to hold, and who wants to hold you, late at night when the TV is off. Someone you'll walk across the cold kitchen floor in the morning to bring a cup of coffee to. Someone who accepts you for who you are. Someone that you'll love for who they are

Sometimes you find it early in life. Sometimes it takes a lifetime. When you find it, there's nothing better

Keep on keeping on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit