A roaring current of change.... Is The Watchtower in the process of a major overhaul of their religion?

by koolaid-man 81 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

JW's are in deep doo-doo, but they refuse to smell the she-et---

-

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Blondie!..

Yes,your probably right..

If they were shown,they would figure it was fake..

Jehovah`s Witness`s love to be persecuted..

Even if they have to do it to themselves

........................ ...OUTLAW

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Won't Leave - Amen to all of your comments. Your experiences are so similar to mine. The boredom at the meetings and the inability to even perceive what is going on around them - I too tried to reason with a few friends before I left but their eyes would just get that "glazed over" look - she's talking apostasy - don't listen attitude. It was so frustrating. And while I can't say I was ever successful at starting studies with "intelligent" ones like yourself - at least very very rarely - I got so sick of going out on return visits to Charlie calls - people they had been calling on for decades in some cases - people who were never truly interested but just enjoyed the chit chat. And so rarely was the conversation ever on a spiritual level either at the Charlie call or even within the car group. There's a subject for a whole nother day.

The dumbing down of the literature is so real - try reading one of the early issues from the 1880's and then matching it to today's study about Singing at the Meetings. Heaven help us! It's no wonder the Spirit is gone - there is no food today, nothing to chew and digest anymore. And of course any exchange about spiritual gems you just discovered reading a particular scripture - that doesn't happen - you just get glanced askance at or the eyebrows go up and they ask what WT that came out of - page and paragraph number please.

And the mortification and cringing you are currently going through - I remember that stage so well. It finally got so bad I just walked out the doors never to return and never to regret my move. But I was blessed with the freedom to do so because I had no family left in - just a multitude of dear friendships forged over 20 and 30 years that can never be duplicated now unless I live to be 100. But Jehovah has sustained me with much joy even so. I too noticed how the hand clapping always seemed so perfunctory and never bore any relationship to the caliber of the talk, delivery or material presented. It was much like tipping a waitress at the restaurant - just something mandatory, ill manners if you didn't. I will be praying for you - enduring under those circumstances is never easy.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Beautifully written, saltyoldlady. Congratulations on making your escape. Keep searching for truth.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Actually in the 1979 SY there was an increase, albiet small 0.5%.

In the US: 1.5%

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Persecution complex can quite a powerful thing.

Bangalore

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

A bit off thread, but the dumbing down of the literature is mandatory for a couple of reasons. First, (as was previously touched on) is that a large percentage of growth is made up of people with little to no access to any education. Also, since a college education is out of the question for JWs, the best they can do is a high school education level. If they hold to their stance on college, the R&F will eventually be made up of very few well-educated people. No wonder the KH is full of glassy eyes. The only thing worse than hearing the same inforamation over and over is a simplified version of that information.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with the above;

We once had a CO tell our congregation that unfortunately well educated people do not stay jehovah's witnesses. Of course he blamed it on pride.

I found this to be true about them not staying in long, and this includes myself leaving (have a BA in Business), as well as a few others in my old congregation, one was a teacher, one a nurse. We were all in and out of the org in about 10 years. But while we were in, we were all considered "liberal" JWs. Which means we did not put the "faithful slave" on a pedastal and actually thought for ourselves. Peace, Lilly

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "Jehovah`s Witnesses love to be persecuted...even if they have to do it to themselves."

ROTFLMFAO!!!

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

We don't know how the WT will evolved for the near future, but indeed there are into major changes. Perhaps a schism will occur, just like it did during Booze Jo's Era, the 75 exodus and the early 80's with 1914 doctrine. There many JW's who question WT doctrines due to the internet, plus we have associated JW's who are seeking for changes within the WT. We even find websites of associated JW's who are seeking for a change. The point is GB the just wan't step down from their possition, instead their strengthen this point of view with doctrinal changes and articles in the WT study. supporting their domination and authority over the JW's.

At the end, as I have said WT is like a Hotel. There will be always people that check in, and check out!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit