A roaring current of change.... Is The Watchtower in the process of a major overhaul of their religion?

by koolaid-man 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WontLeave - "Rick and e-Watchman seem to each have their own messiah complexes."

Rick is the XJW equivalent of Alex Jones (he even looks a bit like him), and SixScreens is the XJW equivalent of PrisonPlanet.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

thetrueone - "You cant deny there have been some interesting changes happening within the organization the last few years."

True; I gotta admit.

Say, something just occurred to me; would that be "interesting" in the context of the ancient Chinese curse?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Kool-aid,

I have one answer to your questions / opinion.

The reason of all the fast changes within the watchtower world, is:

1. The WTS is very sensitive for juridical issues. It has many lawyers, and they are in charge.

2. The WTS is very sensitive for dollar issues. It has many financial experts, and they are in charge too.

3. The WTS is very keen in property transactions. It has many property managers, and they are in charge too.

4. The GB is not in charge, the lawyers, financial experts and property managers are.

5. The only thing the GB can do to keep in a bit control is: devide and rule.

Gorbatchov

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You have to give Rick credit for his Unrelenting Hype of "Six Screens"..

It`s a cross of National Enquirer and Jerry Springer..

http://deadbeatmom.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/image32.jpg

He needs to do video..

Maybe get a WBT$ GB Member,to Wrestle a Transvestite Midget/former JW Pioneer..

In a Tub of Mud and Watchtowers..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The Watchtower is but a large group of people in a large country that is home to hundreds of millions of people who believe wholeheartedly in assertions without evidence. That the WTBTS has branches in various parts of the world is incidental. Regardless, the Watchtower is an Amercian phenomenon born of earlier American fundamentalist Christian movements. It would be nice to believe that the collapse of the Watchtower would be the harbringer of secular sanity in America, but the fact of the matter is the American environment nurtures the Watchtower, and equally whacky religions like the LDS and Scientology, more than people might realise. You'll never see the Brasilian billboards erected in America, because Americans do not tolerate religious intolerance, even when it might be justified. Roaring current of change? Maybe. From this vantage point it seems more like a babbling brook, but it does no harm to hope.

Hey, OUTLAW, how've you been?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

In the Hingham MA congregation since 2004, more than 70 people have disappeared from their congregation. Many of them entire families (including mine). Some of them had been in the organization for 30+ years. So certainly something is going on.We have had a kh put up for sale in this area and two congregations merged together because of low attendence.

And another thing, I don't trust the WT's numbers at all. I am sure they count people as witnesses who have not stepped foot in a kingdom hall in years. I would cut at least 1/3 of their stated members right off the top.

The WT organization is hemoraging members that is for sure. And for those still in, I am getting the feeling are beginning to not give a Sh** about what is printed in the Watchtowers anymore. Many of these active Witnesses have NO problem saying hello to me, a very well known apostate in this area. Peace, Lilly

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Nick!..

Civilization found me..I have my phone and internet back..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing Outlaw's posts on Rick's threads.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I didn't know you were away, OUTLAW. Just getting back myself.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I've noticed your absence Nick,

and it's a pleasure to have you back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit