How I Know The Assembly Parts Are Made Up

by lovelylil 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I told of an "experience" of mine at a Circuit Assembly, with no embellishment, and was congratulated by a "Sister" afterward, who had known me from birth, for "Telling it like it is".

I would have not have agreed to tell it any other way.

I think it stood out to many as being real and truthful. It is an indictment of the W.T that this should be so.

• Laika
    Laika

I've lied on a convention part too, unfortunately. :( The problem, of course, is the Watchtower scripting, you have to find someone with an exact match to the requested experience, which is not always easy.

• dozy
    dozy

I remember one district assembly experience where a sister was interviewed where both me & my wife just looked at each other and shrugged when her name was introduced. We knew the sister first hand as a classic "double life" teenager who knew how to play the JW system. Yet here she was giving a very embellished experience about how spiritual she was. Afterward my wife spoke to the brother who had the item and tore a strip off him about allowing such a ridiculous experience. In fairness , the brother apologised - he said that he had emailed and phoned all the surrounding congregations trying to get someone to match up to the individual required by the society's outline. He had drawn a blank and in desperation a few days before had spoke to the assembly overseer and he had insisted that the brother found someone - anyone. "Make it up if you can't find anyone" was the instruction. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to use anybody.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

I was given a CA part once which required an experience of someone who started a bible study on the very first visit using a specific tract. The tract had just been released the month before so I knew this was going to be tough. I had been through one CO visit with the CO that had given me the assignment and already didn't trust him for other reasons so I made sure to keep detailed notes of every one I called in the circuit just in case. I am glad I did. At the dress rehearsal in front of a large group of JWs who had parts for both the A and B circuits the CO turned to me and said are you ready to give your part now? I said no because I was unable to find an experience to fit the requirements stated. To cut him off at the pass I handed him my clipboard with 3 pages of notes to prove all the calls I made etc. He looked at it for a couple of minutes flipping through the pages while there was dead silence in the hall. I felt all eyes were on me. He then asked "what about sister so-in-so I had call you with her experience? I said the study was not started on the initial call with the tract as required by your instructions. He said that can be adjusted. I said I will have no part in that because it wouldn't be truthful. You could hear a pin drop. After a few seconds he asked the other brother who had my exact part in the other circuit if those sisters would be willing to give their experience in both circuits and they agreed. So that was how it was worked out. I gave my CA part (my last) with an experience that fit the criteria with by sisters from a different circuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit