How I Know The Assembly Parts Are Made Up

by lovelylil 73 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

SOL,

What you wrote about the pioneer sister reminded me of the elders daughter in our hall who was a full time pioneer back when the hours were 100 per month, and noone I mean NO ONE EVER saw her out in service. She always claimed to do her witnessing informally and by sending out letters or doing phone witnessing. The thing was I was in charge of the phone witnessing in our hall for the sisters and she was NEVER in the group. Everyone just kept their mouths closed because he dad was the most feared elder of them all.

• oompa
    oompa

i hate to pee on anyones cornflakes but im pretty sure made up experiences are the exception, not the rule. i have only had one DC part and and two CA parts. my experience was mine word for word and i was not asked to change anything....not only that but i have heard dozens of experiences from people i know and they were all legit too.

i have heard some though that i had serious doubts about....so how common do you think the tall tales are?................................oompa

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

I can totally agree and relate to your experience as it has happened to me as well. I am still in, and I've had the "privilege" to work in the sound department for many special day, circuit and district conventions. So I know all to well what happens behind the scenes and its not at all what a faithful Jdubby would think it is.

Anyway, I recently had to give my experience about when and how I started pioneering at this past circuit assembly entitled "You are no part of this world" (or something like that) and I can honestly tell you with all my heart that almost 97% of what I said was complete bull. It was not real but merely based on the smallest of facts, twisted and shaped into something else. What they wanted me to say. What they wanted to hear. It still bugs me know, I hate that I agreed to do their dirty work. I hate how controlling and manipulating they are, and how easily I was used.

It all started when I graduated from high school. I wanted to go to college to get a degree on something but was literally bombareded by elders, brothers, sisters, CO's, DO's, and watchtower literature telling me that education was bad and that the end was all too close for me to be wasting it on imperfect human knowledge and that that was all that Satan wanted me to do. So I decided not to go becuase of all the pressure and because at the time, even though I was already snooping around "apostate" websites, I still somewhat believed a little of what was going on in there...(funny, it was actually during that assembly that I discovered JWN!!!) But anyway, I was a little upset about my decision but kept quiet and then the CO came to visit and basically forced me to become a Pioneer. He said that "if I -and I quote- wasn't a pioneer by the time he saw me again, that something was wrong with me and that I would be wasting my life and showing lack of love for Jehovah and his organization". I was very pissed but I did it anyway, mostly for my parents. And so the next time he visited you can guess what the first thing he asked me was...

Skip ahead several months...

I get a phone call from an elder I do not know telling me that he needs a young brother who had started pioneering during or right after high school and that the CO had recommended me to give an experience at the circuit assembly. So I said that I was a pioneer and met the requirements but also asked him what exactly it was that he was looking for, and he said that I was what he was looking for and that he was only going to ask me 2 questions about how i decided to become a pioneer and how it had helped me and proctected me from "worldy influences" and how I showed that I was no part of this world. So I gave him the truth. Told him I had'nt planned on pioneering but how I wanted to go to college instead and how the CO had "pushed" me to just forget everything else and pioneer. And also how It really hadn't protected me from wordly influences since I didn't really have any, and that all I did was just preach everyday, all day sometimes.

He paused, you could hear him thinking, formulating something in his "Holy Spirited" little head. After a long silence and a few muffled coughs he tells me "well, that is good to hear, I believe that you would do great if you gave this experience" Then I puased, I was a little startled. I said "what experience?" and he said, "what you just said" then he added in a strange tone, "don't worry, we'll make it work". And so I said "okay, but what do you mean?" Then he literally started to make something up about how I had troubles and pressure at school from students, teachers, and guidence counselers to go for higher education and how I had rejected it all and decided to dedicate my life to Jehovah by pioneering and that It had been a great help because since I was preaching all the time I had no time for worldy influences and that I was not only showing the world but also showing Satan that I was not part of his world. Ugh, just typing it all again makes me sick.

And so sadly, I gave in to their crap agian, and I literally lied in front of 2,000+ people about how I was something I wasn't and how searching for higher education was wrong and bad... I hated it so much.

What made it worse is that after I gave that "experience" this young brother around his mid 20's, a former bethelite, whom I have never really liked and who has never really liked me, comes up to me and says "So, how does it feel to go up there and encourage all those kids to stop educating themselves?" I was furious, and had to make a fist and bite my tongue to control the raging ball of fire that had formed inside my gut, and just looked at him, stared staight into his eyes, and walked away.

I still feel horrible for what I did, and I can only hope that most of those other young ones in the org. that heard my experience ignore it, block it out of their minds and use their brains to educate themselves.

Oh and it wasn't just me that lied. On rehearsal day, I got to hear everyone's experiences and talks and demos as they were rehearsed infront of the CO and DO and even though they were all greatly exagerated, they still bent them more and more out of shape to form them into something ugly and repugnant.

Knowing what I know now, I will never give another experience at any assembly ever again.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Oompa I agree. I have been in several parts and my husband has given talks. I am sure some are twisted or made up but from experience most are on target with their stories.

• tracylee
    tracylee

My friends have given "experiences" at assemblies and conventions, and I remember sitting there, bewildered. Like, "Why have I never heard that experience from my best friend who I always go out in service with because we're room mates, who I've known since I was 4? Why am I hearing this awesome experience for the first time TODAY?" I never confronted any of my friends about their suspicious "experiences", because honestly I preferred to keep my head in the sand at that point (and was tired of being dragged into the back room with the Elders for asking too many of the wrong types of questions... I swear I was in that back room every other Sunday)

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS now has a procedure where they have jws read "experiences" of other jws who are not there (perhaps in another circuit or district) and they call it a RE-ENACTMENT.

I saw a demonstration done with a younger couple who had a young son and they were encouraging him. The couple had no children and the boy's parents were in the audience!!!!!! And we all knew. Was that a re-enactment...they presented them as a real family.

If anyone has been a jw in past 10 years, more and more they WTS twists the experiences...because fewer people actually do much.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

You know how i know that assembly parts are made up? Because they suck.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

No....this can't be so.

I am starting to wonder if maybe "Andre" is a made up character.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

The Circuit parts are more of a staged reality tv show.

The brother who cut back work to pioneer, too bad I knew his situation well.

He filed bankruptcy, cut his hours back to show the Bankruptcy judge, he was only making the bare bones wages. His boss was enraged he was only working twenty hours a week, when his job demanded fifty hours per week. He was able to weasle out of $600,000 of debt, by being a Circuit Star Pioneer.

Brother J was on stage about the life of a pioneer and the self-less life he was living. Facts: Brother J was sending the newspapers Apostate literature trying to destroy the Organization, and he is being used by the Slave? Brother J was dealing in stolen goods, on the public dole and liked to play poker with the best of them.

Sister A's part She was a pioneer in San Diego who preached to the Hispanics with the highest zeal. She spoke no Spanish, was schizophrenic and had severe emotional problems.

Are the Circuit Stars real? You be the judge!

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

All JWs have a WheelChair John or Housebound Hillary story to share, I laughed my arse off at your story. Hey Gio, Is mickey still alive and well? I heard the DOs and COs are going to buy "Starbucks Chairs and Decor." to make the field service experiences look more real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit