Going Door to Door with Scrolls

by VM44 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm embarrassed for my family that are still in. These types of images are juvenile and historically absurd.

-Sab

• baltar447
    baltar447

Meester Falcon, You must have missed last year's Drama. The brother was saying how we had his "scrolls" (literature) with him and that was all he needed, they also talked about the fine "reports" from the congregation.

FICTION!!!! IT'S COMPLETELY MADE UP!!!

• blondie
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

I wonder if the people back then were also asked for a contribution $ ?

I'd also like to know why those men were allowed to go out in service with long hair and scruffy street cloths

looking like hippies ?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

baltar447 - You're right, I forgot about that. They might as well shown him with his laptop with Watchtower CD-ROM, too. Lately the dramas are becoming more and more stupid, as the writers are taking HUGE liberties with historical accuracy. Hell, let me write. I would have had the Roman army attacking Jerusalem in AT-ATs. Why the hell not? It's so made up it's hilarious. I even found the costumes they can use!

• undercover
    undercover

Holy Shit! I've never seen that illustration. I thought the WTS was trying to go a little higher tech and more artsy/fartsy with their illustrations. This thing looks like it's from some penny ante start up cult somewhere.

I wonder...did they contract the guy that did the "Jesus holding a baby dinosaur" illustrations to do this? It's about the same level of historicity and talent...

• VM44
  • Room 215
    Room 215

Doesn't the Bible say the apostles and early disciples were "unlettered and ordinary?" This illustration is ludicrous.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't understand what the point of this illustration even is. Usually there is a point to their stupid illustrations but this has no purpose other than to make them look like idiots. They have to know this doesn't make any sense. They have to...

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Wait till you see the scrolls where each publisher reports their hours monthly to the body of elders that is leading their local congregation. And you also haven't seen the do-not-call-scrolls. Yes the early christians must have been crazy rich to be able to pay for scribes and scrolls. They probably also taught the householders of that time how to read, since most couldn't. Here is a picture of Jesus plucking goose feathers to make pencils.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit