Going Door to Door with Scrolls

by VM44 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know where this anachronistic and propagandistic picture came from?

Did a Watchtower artist draw it?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They surly did. It's been in the Watchtower within the past few months. Can't remember the first issue...but it's a new picture. Nice little historical inaccuracies they have here. Don't they realize that most people were illiterate at that time? Retarded...

• Ding
    Ding

Who made all those scrolls for them -- the Watchtower Bible and Scroll Society?

• zoiks
    zoiks

This image in on the latest DVD, IIRC.

• cofty
    cofty

There is a process of "dumbing down" going on in the borg. This must be a new low point in insulting the intelligence of its readers.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Actually Cofty, I think the newest low was reached very recently with an image of Jesus himself going door-to-door. in the Kool-aid WT, I think...

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Thats the stupidest thing I ever saw. They never would do that. Scrolls were precious. Nobody could afford to go door to door with them. Plus its not like anyone could read them anyway.

Its stuffy and cold to knock on peoples doors with books in hand. Talking to people when its natural in an oppourtunistic setting is much more loving, than shoving books at people.

The problem is the kingdumb hall was founded after a model of the church. The whole setting is wrong. Jesus liked to teach with movement. He would go out where there was people and get them involved.

Instead of standing at a podium and telling people how it is why dont they try a group setting with open discussion?

Losers!

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower likes to claim that it checks statements before publishing them, does that also apply to the pictures they published?

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower does not care about how things were done long ago, only about how things are done today under their direction!

Propaganda!

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Im frustrated to no end. From my studies I know let it go this too shall pass. But damnit I just want to make them do things the right way! I trust God will handle this. On the same token Im moved to act and stand up to them. Damnit its so conflicting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit