SPAWN

by White Dove 53 Replies latest social family

• journey-on
    journey-on

You call your son SPAWN? Wish I had some magic words to help you, but it sounds to me like there's some deep issues going on here. Maybe a good family counselor could help you both. Good luck.

• White Dove
    White Dove

He's acting like it. Spawn of his dad. Not the devil.

If you are refering to movies with that name, I never saw them.

It's just a name born of frustration, you know like saying you're just like your father. THAT kind of spawn.

Do you have kids?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Also, what if she told you through PMs on FB one by one what he was claiming, and you explained each one in detail, and she didn't believe you?

What is he claiming that you are explaining or denying to the girlfriend? Those things are evidently the biggie creating his "hate".

Why is the fiancee choosing not to believe you? That's where I would start.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Ummm... ladies... did we forget our compassion somewhere?

A little more sympathy for WD, please... Just a little... all I ask...

V665V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

A little more sympathy for WD, please...

She has my sympathy, but there's always two sides to a story.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I thought I was showing sympathy. Sorry if I didn't come across that way. She asked what we would do. I told her where I thought she should start. We don't have a lot of details to go by, so maybe we're having to read between the lines a little.

• tec
    tec

Has he had no contact with you for a while, or is this just out of the blue?

Either way, I would be incredibly hurt by what he had done. If you know why he is doing as he is doing, then I would ride it out, I suppose. I mean, there isn't a whole lot you can do except attempt to fix the problem (if it is something you did), or wait for him to fix his own problem.

But I am sorry for the incredible pain this must be causing you.

Tammy

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    She has my sympathy, but there's always two sides to a story.

Dearest BP,
    If a close girlfriend of yours came up to you with a story like that, would you cross your arms and tell her that?
    I hope you understand...

Thanks for the welcome back anyway. ((((((BP))))))

You're okay, JO...

V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If a close girlfriend of yours came up to you with a story like that

If she was a close girlfriend, I'd know more of her story and her personality to be able to say more.

WD's been asked but she's not willing to say anything about her r'ship with her son so we can only read between the lines. The boy is only 19 so who knows what's going thru his head? Maybe he's on drugs? Or maybe it's WD's doing. WE DON'T KNOW.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Okay I will try , White Dove I have three sons and I would be devastated if any one of them treated me this way .

However in your case it makes no sense to us readers that your son just out of the blue has chosen to be so hateful . There must be some personal issues you two have gone through to cause such actions on his part . I am sorry ...

My advice would be to back off give this situation space and time . Do not make a bad case worse . He is 19 .....is he really financially able to marry and provide for a wife ? If not maybe he knows you will oppose his decision so in his immature way is cutting off communication to get his own way ??

Only you know the whole story .

I am sorry this is happening and causing you pain . Be the adult ....even though you are hurt ....remain calm cool and collect and let him reap the consequences of his actions .

I hope he will mature come to his senses and be happy he had a loving mom that didn't stoop to his level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit