BLACK HISTORY MONTH SHOULD INCLUDE A WARNING ABOUT THE WATCHTOWER CORPORATION

by wasblind 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

The comparisions of Slavery in the early days of America, to the WatchTower today are endless

here are just a few that come to mind

1) You have your Overseerers

2) you work for free

3) Slaves were not encouraged to be educated, because just like the GB in brooklyn, knowledge and independant thinking in a slave was considered dangerous. A dumb slave was a safe slave

4) The Elders serve as Slave patrols, miss a couple of meetings, they are at your door to reign you in.

5) Slaves in the early days of this country would be punished by beatings, and if you survived the beatings you could be separated from your family by being sold off. This religion punish you with lies and gossip (beatings) and separates you from your family(disfellowship).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Interesting

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Mrs Jones,

And the only difference, the WTS is a equal opportunity

they will enslave anybody. And just to think white women

and blacks have not always been afforded all of the rights

that we have today. And to allow some old shiveled up prunes

to take those hard fought rights away is shameful

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm black and I really see the comparison.

• brotherdan
  • grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Truly a shame....

• wasblind
    wasblind

I must say, that video hit the spot Bro Dan

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, WasBlind.

I grew up under the sharecropping system and Jim Crow.

The similarities are startling.

Everybody (including children) was to be kept busy at all times. Education was DISCOURAGED. Anyone who spoke out was ostracized (had to flee to the North) or killed. Fear was the paramount motivator.

From the 1975 yearbook account of his taking over a Negro burial, I believe Rutherford's family was a proponent of tenant farming or sharecropping.

Syl

• Carole007
    Carole007

@wasblind:

You hit the nail on the head with this one. I would have never made the comparison. Not making much comparison these days, I do know that I have to get back to normal whatever that is. There is no normalcy in the WT.(so called "truth") then you are taught that there is not normalcy in the world... Where do you go from here?

• Reality79
    Reality79

LMAO @ at the video!!!

I'm a black man and I have to agree with the OP that the Watchtower organisation is one of the many evil entities black/Africans need to keep the hell away from. Believe me I could go on all day about that. I always resented the use of the word "slave" like it was a good thing when "enslaved" is a much better description.

I guess the GB is equal opportunities in that it wants ALL their members to be uneducated dumbasses. I'll give 'em THAT lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit