BLACK HISTORY MONTH SHOULD INCLUDE A WARNING ABOUT THE WATCHTOWER CORPORATION

by wasblind 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah; the plantation masters used to say the same about their slaves.

Proverbs 14:13 Even in laughter the heart may ache ... NIV

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's right Syl,

the WTS is usin' the slave masters play book

on all races. Satan is an equal opportunity slave

driver

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Satan is an equal opportunity slave driver

You ain't never lied.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Watchtower 1999 10/1 p. 8 par. 13 Of course, the fact that Jehovah?s servants "weep" over the sorry state of world affairs does not preclude their being happy. On the contrary! They are actually the happiest group of people on earth."

Yes, the slave shed many a tear over the situation they were in, but yet the Master view them as happy

sure sounds like the WTS to me

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

1975 Pre Affirmative Theocratic Action

Everybody sing along with me.........Moving on up....... To the East Side.........Moving on up....we finally got a piece of the pie....aye aye yayy ee yeahhhhhh!! Jehovah is speeding the diversity of the Governing Body is His own due time.

Personally, I think the only reason they included Brother Herd in this picture is because his complexion perfectly compliments the bound volumes on the book shelf. Notice he wore a gold colored tie and hanky which compliments the color scheme of the gold dates on the cover of the bound volumes. His addition to the Governing Body was strictly for the cosmetic purposes of this picture only. He's not really a member of the Governing Body.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, we're moving on up; we've got our token Neeeegro to prove it.

Take that, Babble On the Grape!

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

Miz, your a mess

I remember havin' a conversation with the sister who studied with me

she was black, so I asked her how did she feel about the accomplishments

that were achieved through in by people who pushed for civil rights,

she stated that " in time Jehovah would have moved mans heart to do right

but we have to wait on Jehovah "

Miz, when I was a little girl, there was this greasy spoon that served the best hot dogs

black folks would be lined up at the window to be served, cause Jehovah hadn't moved

the owners heart so that we could order from the inside of his establishment,

When ever Jw's go to thier local coffee shop, they should be glad that people didn't

sit back and wait on Jehovah to move mans hearts but fought for laws that would require

men to treat each other right, regaurdless of what their heart feels, you see I believe Jehovah

gave us the sense to do what we have to do to survive, and the things beyond our control

we leave in his hands

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

There is a book written by an old JW friend of mine who is a TV journalist at a local level. It's called "The Groveland Four" It is an excellent true story about what happened in Groveland, FL during the 1940's or '50's.

It has nothing to do with the WTS, and I may be off topic for mentioning it, but I thought anyone interested in this topic might be interested in the book.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you drew I'll look that up

ok done,

readin' that reminds me of the Emmit Till case.

there are countless stories like the one you mentioned

because of the internet we can be made aware of the ones

that were not nationally known. To be accused of somethin' without

a fair trial, or for doin' somethin' you did not do is horriffic.

I was real upset about the Tawanna Brawley mess , because some how

it failed to sink in her head what we went through as a people, when it came to

being unjustly accussed, and for her to turn around and do the samething was just

as bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit