Bethel Entrants' School Lecture 2-D

by Marvin Shilmer 35 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was disfellowshipped because I told the elders that I felt the GB are being idolised, and I refuse to be part of that. My comments were aimed the blatant self promotion in recent Watchtowers, I had no idea that they signed autographs!!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

cantleave, wouldn't that have been awesome to bring to you JC? A signed copy of the Bible! If hanging a poster of a sports star or muscian on your wall is idolatry, then what they do can be nothing else.

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol Brodan - I would love to have something like that. I wonder if I could Sam Heard to sign my Fender Stratocaster?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Or get one of them to sign your chest and then get it tattooed, go back to the elders, and ask them what they think.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mr. Heard Sir can you sign here please.......

• nugget
    nugget

It is this adoration that makes the GB so dangerous. They believe their own publicity and infalibility. Wasn't it the disciples early preoccupation with prominence that Jesus corrected time and time again. It seems that the GB has the same wish for prominence otherwise why pick their lives, why not someone humble within the rank and file who lived an exemplary life. They are surrounded by people who tell them how wonderful they are so it is no wonder that they make poor decisions without reference to real issues and lives.

The fake humility is yet another lie. Whether they sign Bibles or not the fact that they are to be studied is a disgrace.

• Lady Viola
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I didn't keep any of the Entrants' School Class materials... but I do still have my final exam from it.

BroDan, How could you have forgotten Dish Duty? ... Just for forgetting Dish Duty, you now deserve a Special Dish Duty! ... I was a Dish Duty captain for a few years, with the smallest crew in the rotation, and on a meeting night ... some of my worst Bethel memories right there.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It has always amazed me of how jws will go out of their way to hear a GB member give a talk. The GB are always treated as better than any other member of the org.

• undercover
    undercover
    It has always amazed me of how jws will go out of their way to hear a GB member give a talk. The GB are always treated as better than any other member of the org.

And some of em were not good speakers. We had better speakers in our hall than most of the GB members that I ever heard give a talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit