Bethel Entrants' School Lecture 2-D

by Marvin Shilmer 35 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Special Dish Duty!

BLLLLLAAAAHHHHH!!!! I forgot about that one too. I've blocked alot of the bethel experience out of my mind. It was a very strange 2 years of my life. ALthough, I did like the family nights.

Funny story. One of my buddies at bethel was in a band and performed at family night in Patterson. They did a cover of "Dream" by the Everly Brothers. The family night committee made them take out the words "Gee Wiz". So the song went

"The only trouble is

----silence----

I'm dreamin my life away"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Having listened to all the GB, Barr was the only one with a rather pleasant "sleepy-time" voice. Sydlik was the only one that I would have gone out of my way to hear... but that was before he got sick. He was easily confused in his last years. I was at an International Convention where he gave the second half of his talk twice.

They're just men, and not great speakers, really. Of GB 2.0, I might go out of my way to hear Losch, just to record it and circulate the idiocy that invariable comes out of his pie-hole.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    And some of em were not good speakers.

Karl Klein was the WORST! I'd hate to use the mic after him...I'm sure there was drool all over it. I always liked Sydlik though.

Has anyone ever heard any talks by Ray Franz from when he was on GB?

• undercover
    undercover
    The family night committee made them take out the words "Gee Wiz".

And people wonder why witness parties are so lame... golly gosh darn it

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They asked if they could say "Cheese Wiz" instead, and they just got a blank stare. Party on!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I found a talk by Karl Klein. If you want to hear a bad speaking voice...here it is! It made me laugh...

http://jumbofiles.com/82icnmhjfqxb/Klein Karl - The Role of Christian Women.mp3.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit