Bethel Entrants' School Lecture 2-D

by Marvin Shilmer 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Bethel Entrants' School Lecture 2-D

The Watchtower organization requires that all new full-time workers at its world headquarters or other facilities attend an entrant school. Attendees are provided worksheets that are outlines for lectures at these events.

I have uploaded one of these lecture worksheets at my blog at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/02/bethel-entrants-school.html

As time allows I will publish more of these.

Marvin Shilmer

marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I just found my old outlines the other day. If you are missing any of them, I can provide the scans to you.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Thanks, Marvin! I enjoy reading your blog.

Quick question for you former bethelites: what was the purpose of reading Fred Franz's life story? It just seems so odd to me and I wonder how they related that to strengthening a relationship with Jehovah? Anyone remember?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

We were to read all of the life stories of the GB during entrants school. This is a shock to many witnesses. The amount of person worship at bethel is amazing. The bethelites pretty much idolize many of the GB. And that is the way the GB likes it.

One afternoon Dan Sydlik was at Patterson for the noon meal. I got up to meet him after eating. He was surrounded by a ton of guests, and he was....SIGNING THEIR BIBLES! The GB are total celebrities there.

• whereami
    whereami

Thanks Marvin.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I still have my Entrant's School notes and outlines... I believe I uploaded them here a while back...

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

Yes, I was at Patterson doing construction work- 92-95. I remember the syllabus had us reading all of the GB life stories, doing demonstrations and talks on "deeper" questions in the format of the theocratic school but in front of only 20 people or so. I still have the paperwork somewhere.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I also still have my Entrants School outlines and notes. I hadn't looked at them in a while but was moved (LOL) after reading this post.
    The interesting part is that I didn't recall having to read the life stories of the GB. But sure enough, it was a requirement! Right at the top of page of most of the outlines. I don't think I read them regardless. I just didn't see what that had to do with Bethel.
    Hey, somewhat associated with the topic, is there, or does anyone have, a PDF copy of the the Dwelling in Unity manual? That would be something good to add to the collection of leaked books. Thanks.

CoC

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Very interesting. Gotta love the argumentation leading to the inevitable conclusion that a belief in divine authority entails unquestioning submission to the GB. With a homework assignment building on that to boot!

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'm sorry brodan I find the signing bibles thing hard to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit