New Light

by Spade 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I've read enough of the Bible to back the things I say.

I suggest that you do read the entire Bible, in context, to appreciate the scriptures on their own merit. If you did, you would know answers to questions like "What, or rather who is the source of spiritual light?" For those who read the entire Bible, there is no need to guess: we know the Gospel of John tells us many times the Light is the Word, who is Jesus Christ (quotations are from the New Jerusalem Bible):

A man came, sent by God. His name was John. [7] He came as a witness, to bear witness to the light, so that everyone might believe through him. [8] He was not the light, he was to bear witness to the light. [9]The Word was the real light that gives light to everyone; he was coming into the world. John 1:6-9

When Jesus spoke to the people again, he said: I am the light of the world; anyone who follows me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the light of life. John 8:12

As long as I am in the world I am the light of the world. John 9:5

I have come into the world as light, to prevent anyone who believes in me from staying in the dark any more. John 12:46

If we seek the light, where does the Bible say we should look: to the Lord, or to a 19th century publishing company in Brooklyn?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spade/AliceInWonderLand..

If you just going to Cut and Paste without Answering Posts..

At least be Interesting..

http://dealcetera.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kfc-canada-coupons.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• OBVES
    OBVES

There is no Bible teacher who when reading the Bible got all things correctly. The Bible is good for correction.

2 Timothy 3.16 .

It is like with a child who got a bicycle to ride and chances are 100% he or she will fall .The same process is happening in the spiritual development of a child of God.

Now we know that 2000 years must pass since Jesus Christ was on earth. That makes all past predictions before 1994 AD or 1999 AD inaccurate .

7 BC + 2000 years = 1994 AD .

2 BC + 2000 years = 1999 AD.
    This knowledge about these 2000 years is a new light .

We know now but it was not known or fully understood before 1994 AD.

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh Good..

OBVES is here to help..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• OBVES
    OBVES

Since the new light comes into account in Bible research you cannot go in details to the years before 1914 AD and criticize.

The changes had to take place . Just listen to Open Forum by Harold Camping what he was teaching about hell 5 years ago and what he is teaching now ! http://www.familyradio.com .

How he changed his views within a few years !

So the best way is to read what the Watchtower is teaching now at this time and go with it if you like .

• wasblind
    wasblind

Haven't you heard Outlaw, there's a thin line between love and hate

alice hates us so much that it loves to keep comin' back just to try and

pluck our nerve.

• Spade
    Spade

I'm here because the forum came up on the search engine Google when I typed, "Jehovah's Witness forum." Try it: it was hit #1. The forum didn't appear to be an exclusive social club with membership requirements other than the Posting Guidelines.

• Awen
    Awen

May You Have Peace.

@ Spade What I have seen so far is an attempt to justify the actions of the Watchtower Society through numerous quotes from their publications. What I have NOT seen from you is scripture (other than Proverbs not being shown in it's full context) that backs up your claim that the WTS has the God given right to change their doctrine at will and give no explanation for it.

To answer your earlier question, yes the Society needs to give a thorough explanation as to how they arrived at their current viewpoint in relation to the old one, aka New Light vs Old Light. It would go a long way to reassuring the rank and file JW's that the Governing Body knows what it's talking about.

Since the Society supposedly represent God, are there any scriptures that caution God's worshippers against false teachings?

Rather than indicate that doctrine would get brighter or change the Bible warns against anyone that makes false predictions.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

Deut. 18:20-22 "However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it."

Galatians 1:8, 9 "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."

Pay Attention to Yourself and to All The Flock p.13 tells us;

"Today, Jehovah provides instruction by means of "the faithful steward."

Why then is it that when the Watchtower Governing Body relies on Jehovah they have regularly been wrong? How can they pray for Holy Spirit on a decision, publish it in the Watchtower, say it is to be accepted as the 'voice of God', and then later discard it as incorrect?

Peace,

Awen

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Spade, why do you continue to defend the indefensible? There is no new light: only new crap piled onto old crap.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I'm here because the forum came up on the search engine Google when I typed, "Jehovah's Witness forum.
    " Try it: it was hit #1. The forum didn't appear to be an exclusive social club with membership requirements
    other than the Posting Guidelines......Spade/AliceInWonderLand

So What?..

You were Looking for Someplace to Cut and Paste?..

You just Randomly Cut and Paste..

It usually has Nothing to do with the Topic,even on your Own Thread..

Trying to get a Real Answer out of you,is like pulling Chicken Teeth..

They don`t have Any Teeth..You don`t have Any Answers..

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit