New Light

by Spade 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I heard this analogy about the light getting brighter and brighter which made so much sense to me that I could then start to see more clearly myself.

There is a chair in a very dark room. As more light shines on the chair the shape becomes more and more obvious until we can see it is indeed a chair. Then as the light gets brighter and brighter we can see more and more clearly the details of the chair ie, the colours texture and grain of the wood. However, at no time did the chair turn into a table. It remained a chair and certainly did not flip flop between chair and table at any time!!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hay spade

all you ahve to do is read Proverbs chapter 4.....ALL OF IT not just the bit the WT use.

when you realize that they have taken it out of context, broken their own cardinal rule of scripture application, all the reasonings and published pages are worthless.

The foundation of 'new light' itself is rotten therefore so is the house built on it.

very simple and all the cut n pasting in the world doesn't change it.

oz

• possible-san
    possible-san

Spade.

Why do you always reproduce (Copy and Paste) from that blog?
    Are you the author of that blog?

Well, are you an active Jehovah's Witness?

Surely, you are a defender of the JW's doctrine.
    I feel that the address of that blog is silly, though.
    That is, "watchtower...org."
    http://www.watchtower21.org

Has not that address itself made a fool of the Watch Tower society?

In my opinion, probably, on the Internet, it is better that you do not defend the Watch Tower society.
    On the Internet, the WTS does not want their followers to defend the Society.
    (You should see the past KMs.)

Such their feature is the reason why they are generally called a "cult."

possible

• nugget
    nugget

spade same old same old. Using the watchtower to defend the watchtower is pointless. It has already been exposed as poor research and twisted interpretation of scripture. I would no more turn to them for advice about scripture than I would use the very hungry caterpillar as a diet manual.

• designs
  • Ding
    Ding

My problem with the WTS' "new light" was stated by Charles Taze Russell in the February, 1881 Watchtower, p. 188:

"A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. 'New light' never extinguishes older 'light' but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light: So it is with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another."

Of course, the WTS has had new light on new light since then...

• wobble
    wobble

Yup, the WT's Noo Lite is whatever they are teaching today, totally ignore what was said in the past, even if your kids died because of it, and tomorrow it will all change again !

Prov 4 v 18 evidently refers to this strange process (please ignore the context of this verse).

So when exactly are JW's teaching truth ? truth does not change, yet their teachings do constantly.

You don't think what they are calling "Light" or "the Truth" now could be a crock of s**t do you ?

• donuthole
    donuthole

I believe as individuals follow the Word of God, who is Jesus, there is indeed growth and development. The issue is where the religions take this verse and applies it to their continually shifting teachings and imply that the source of their doctrinal tumult is God himself. God is not the author of confusion. The Watchtower inherited the concept of "new light" from the Adventists that similarly used the term to whitewash their own failed teachings. Within the Watchtower, "new light" is used not just for changes in teaching and doctrine but as banner for any kind of organizational change, large and small. The individual must receive this "new light" as from God, to not embrace it is grounds for expulsion from the congregation an apostate. When changes or flip-flops occur and "new light" becomes "old light", the Watchtower is remiss to say that they were wrong and the failure was their own. This casts God in a bad light, implying that is he the capricious author of these numerous changes. Whereas they claim that light continues to grow, per the verse in Proverbs, their doctrinal flip-flops call to mind a switch being flipped on and off. Again rather then humbly accept the error as their own, the Watchtower, applies the illustration of a sail boat tacking, changing direction from side to side, as it moves toward its destination, and again claim that this inspired by God.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yup, the WT's Noo Lite is whatever they are teaching today, totally ignore what was said in the past, even if your kids died because of it, and tomorrow it will all change again !

This is what makes the Borg a dangerous cult. No religious organization has a monopoly on truth. They all have something to offer alongside their many weaknesses and faults. But most normal relgions don't endanger the lives of their members as Jehovah's Witnesses and other mind control cults do.

A club has a right to make its own rules. No club has a right to endanger lives; the right to life is an inherent human right that the Watchtower violates. They're therefore an international criminal organization.

• tec
    tec

What Donuthole said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit