The demons are sex perverts according to the March 15th WT

by life is to short 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why do we assume that they have human apparatus? Also, as a feminist I find it disgusting that demons seem to be always males. Women can be just as witchy? My mind has two different versions of the Bible: the child one that was shaped by the Witnesses. It all makes sense in a magical way. If it seems noncohesive to me, I must be wrong. The adult part of me sees the Bible as valid but acknowledges a human process through which it emerged. The JWS and fundamentalists assume that whatever our culture currently believes was always valid. Noah could not be an inspiring story. Every little detail must be correct. God did not hand the Bible to humans completely written. Authors were not automotons.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

You too, Gregor?? Lmao!

ProdigalSon, thanks for the title.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

That idea forms part of the plot of Seola (the novel that was the source of Angels and Women). The Golden Age in the 1920s also published articles suggesting this.

Awen: I owe you an apology. If the Golden Age wrote about it, then it is indeed a scientific paper. ;)

• designs
    designs

By studying the Watchtower in our formative years we grew up with such healthy ideas about human biology, sex and desire

After one of Knorr's ranting talks at a special One Day Assembly at Anaheim Stadium, any here remember it, a father was directing his son to pee in the urinal next to me with the instruction 'don't touch it!'. That poor kid has probably done time in therapy.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread LITS. I find it interesting in the article that the WT society ASSUMES it knows how Noah and his family felt while inside the ark - right after mentioning a sentence before that they would hear pounding on the ark of those outside dying in the flood waters . It stated that Noah and his family would feel gratefulness and love for God that they had followed his commands ( insinuating they were better than those outside dying ) . WT society tries to spin it as a POSITIVE experience that Noah would be feeling while surviving. Don't ya think in reality that Noah may have felt " guilt " when hearing the pounding on the ark and screaming of those drowning in the waters ??

I feel once again that the WT society DE-HUMANIZES it's embers by showing it's a beautiful experience to be saved by God while thousands of people die . JW's are taught to be oblivious to other people's suffering by this twisted outlook. It sickens me and makes me angry. They are creating Godamned robots fueled on narcissistic self serving survival modes. Just my 2 cents

• designs
    designs

flipper-

When you can have a bunch of people going out in Service and making note of which home they want after Armageddon you know you're in a group that has been de-sensitized.

• VM44
    VM44

designes wrote:

"After one of Knorr's ranting talks at a special One Day Assembly at Anaheim Stadium, any here remember it, a father was directing his son to pee in the urinal next to me with the instruction 'don't touch it!'"

I thought Knorr only gave that talk to the new arrivals at Bethel.

He actually spoke about that topic during a public Assembly at Anaheim Stadium!

Unbelievable!

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone else here get the impression that the author of this Watchtower article is somewhat demented?

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I was a teenager when I had a bad dream and woke up freaked out. I was sure the demons were tormenting me. I tore through my room trying to find out why the demons were harrassing me - and I found out what it was ! I had purchase a "Seventeen" teen magazine that had horoscopes (gasp!) in the back ! I ripped out the offending pages and threw them in the trash in the middle of the night.

I never told my mom - since she would have thrown away the entire magazine since she did not like me having anything other than the watchtower publications.

Makes me laugh now - but I was terrified as a kid.

• VM44
    VM44

They actually were Horrorscopes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit