My Mother-In-Law is seeing the light!

by brotherdan 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't try to convert her to your new religion with it's nasty little god that you, not too subtly, suggested was going to boil my butt for eternity if I didn't join.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I won't, Black Sheep.

I just want her to see the truth about the "truth".

And I don't remember judging you personally. And if I did...well, I hope you will accept my apology.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Accepted Dan, my friend.

Chris

• cantleave
    cantleave

BroDan,

Once someone starts to wake up it is very likely the process will follow a natural course. I assume you have sent her Captives of a Concept, as I know you have it on PDF.

Just be there for her, keep gently nudging her in the right direction and her eyes will open fully.

Good luck.

BTW - The UN thing was a big thing for me, because I saw the "library card" letter as an elder, and when I became of the real level of their membership and what that meant in terms of the support the WT had to give to the UN, I saw that they were a false religion by their own definition.

• wobble
    wobble

Send her any info. she asks for, or direct her to it, the straw that breaks the camels back is different for everybody, after that the more you find out just reinforces the realisation that you have been lied to by a bunch of manipulative mind-controlling men with no conscience.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cantleave - "The UN thing was a big thing for me, because I saw the "library card" letter as an elder, and when I became of the real level of their membership and what that meant in terms of the support the WT had to give to the UN, I saw that they were a false religion by their own definition."

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Reminds me of the other thing about having to sign a document upholding the US Constitution - in effect, swearing loyalty to a "worldy" government - in order to get a passport to travel overseas and preach against "worldy" governments.

Maybe the GB1.0 genius behind the NGO decision was thinking that they were acting as secret agents or something.

BTW, won't you have to change your username, now?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Once someone starts to wake up it is very likely the process will follow a natural course. I assume you have sent her Captives of a Concept, as I know you have it on PDF.

I can't admit this since I have been contacted by the author for doing that in the past. But yes, I am sure that she will read "Captives". I think that is actually one of the best books to help a "thinking" person to get out.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Our Lord was Love, Our Beloved Abba is Love and Love is the way Dan.

Let love guide you and show your MIL the way to Christ.

Don't go extremisst on her, be patient and answering any questions and concerns she may have with love and with the upmost respect for her and what she is going through.

This is NOT an opportunity to get her away from the JW's, this is an opportunity for her to find Christ and that is what is crucial.

• Ding
    Ding

The supposed "loving" purpose of DFing is to get the DFd person to see how serious their conduct is so that they will repent and come back to Jehovah and his organization.

Yet when your MIL repented and sought reinstatement, the elders refused, thereby causing her to further question whether the WTS is really "Jehovah's loving organization" after all.

Even FIL saw that the elders were lying to her.

Even before all this, your wife has refused to shun her mother even though mom is DFd.

These are all good signs.

Maybe MIL will both see the light herself and help you get through to your wife and FIL.

That said, things could go south really fast (such as if FIL finds MIL reading CoC and she says she got it from Dan.)

I'm sure you know you're walking through a mine field right now, BD.

You're in my prayers.

Hang in there, and keep us posted.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If things go south because of me helping someone else, then I can accept that. I'm not going to live in fear of these people anymore.

I just sent her an email asking her that if my FIL thinks that I am an apostate, why has he not gone to the elders about me. I'll keep you all posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit